Translating NSS5 and suggestions
Well, I was thinking about future translations and things that would be desired and helpful either by translators and by players.
1. The first column in csv file is very helpful - it often helps to see the context. Don't delete it
2. Let's say that there will be two "save" phrases - save money, and save game. There, in csv file also should be two "save" instead of one displayed later in two places in the game and in two different contexts (the same with height - of a man and camera, if I remember). In some languages these are often two completely different meanings and for each of context there is used different word.
3. There's no phrase to translate, I mean the phrase in which a company offers you a contract. I think it's taken straightly from database or something...
4. National Teams should be available to translate.
5. Things that appear in the right down corner like "Flair +0.01" during a match.
Hmm, it's late and I think I won't come up with some other ideas today If I have any, I will share it.
Thanks Thor, this is useful information. I only speak the English language (unless you count programming languages ) so I forget that some words/phrases may not translate easily. I will take this into account in future.
By the way, NSS5 won't be the next New Star game. There may be a simpler translation project coming up in the next few months.
Wow! Any details?
Oh, Formula 1 simulator
If you need a Polish translation, just let me know [thanks to Kubica we have quite few F1 fans here).
Yeah, translations will work in much the same way. Only it will be a lot shorter than NSS4.
I'd like to add one thing
in the first line when you have the tag, put something more meaningful, like:
On line 580, you have FILE_SAVED, its great to check the context, instead of... hummm... Domestic, on line 550, it's hard to get a context