At the moment there are problems with letters outside of the ANSI character set:
This means if you are using a non-Latin language such as Hebrew, Chinese, Cyrillic languages and so on, you won't be able to translate the game properly.
If you are able to substitute non-Latin characters for Latin ones (as Thor has done with his Polish translation) then great, please do that for now.
However, I am hoping for full Unicode support to be included in BlitzMax in the near future. This should mean that we can support all languages fully and all text and xml files can be saved as Unicode and loaded correctly in the game.
I will of course update you when this happens, but until then, please use the ANSI character set.
If you want to you can save your files as Unicode (Notepad: File > Save as... > Encoding > UTF-8) but then you will have to wait until Unicode support is available before including them in the release version and I don't know for sure when that will be.
Last edited by siread; 01-10-2009 at 12:33 PM.
Looks like there may be some movement with the Unicode support. I'm testing out the new BlitzMax version - watch this space!
Ok, can someone who uses a non-Latin language post load the NSSTransFile.csv in Excel, translate a few lines (with non-Latin letters) then Save As... a Unicode text file and attach to this thread please. I want to test it.
Please use the updated files in:
Last edited by siread; 01-09-2009 at 01:17 PM.
Right now I won't be able to help - I'm ill (i really hope it won't be nothing serious) and I have a lot of exams at the end of January. If you want me to change the Polish translation into a Polish translation with special characters, you'll have to wait at least for the beginning of February It'll be a lot of work, but I hope that if I copy everything (bit by bit) into Open Office and word by word I will be clicking right mouse button and choosing "correct" (according to Polish rules of spelling) it'll go faster (if a program with Polish dictionary will change the words without special characters into words that'd consist'em).
But for sure I won't be able to do it in January...
No worries. Whatever you can do mate.
I have managed to get the Bulgarian language working successfully. Just make sure that all files are saved as UTF-8. The incident xml files need to have encoding="UTF-8" in the first line.
I try with Serbian to save as UTF-8 and work fine.
Am I doing something wrong? I've just tried to look if I would manage to add Polish characters and nothing happened. I followed such a procedure:
1. I copied all the column from the csv file to a notepad. I changed one sign in "Wczytaj Gre" so now it looks like "Wczytaj Grę". I saved the file (I did it both in UTF-8 and later in Unicode), I closed the file.
2. I opened the file (still .txt) again, I selected all, copied, and pasted into the column in .csv file where the column with Polish lg is.
3. I did the rest, I saved it as blf, I ran the game and... "ę" wasn't displayed, but some other funny sign.
Are you using Excel? Do Save As, Unicode .txt. Then load that in the latest BlfBuilder.
You mean that an excel file should be saved as unicode.txt? Where can I get the latest BlfBuilder from? From here - http://www.newstarsoccer.com/newstar...3753#post83753 ?
If yes, BLFBuilder cannot open .txt file - it load the file and then dissapears...
Last edited by Thor; 01-25-2009 at 12:10 PM.
Maybe I'll do as follows:
1. I'll copy the whole column in Polish from .csv file.
2. I'll paste it into notepad.
3. I'll correct it.
4. I'll save it as .txt (in UTF-8).
5. I'll send it to you.
6. You'll paste it into csv file (into Polish column) and you'll try to convert it with blfbuilder.
That is the latest BLFBuilder so yeah, send me the filw and I'll see what happens.
Ok, I've taken the excel file from http://www.newstarsoccer.com/newstar...3753#post83753
Here is the column (but check if each sentence is in one line; you can change the font into 1, or unselect "rolling the lines" (whatever it is called in English notepads ), then copy and paste.
Last edited by Thor; 01-28-2009 at 09:19 PM.
Ah, I think I forgot a step in the process...
- From Excel, save the file as Unicode txt.
- Then open it in Notepad and save as UTF-8.
- Load in BLF Builder.
Basically the Excel unicode isn't correct one, so convert it in Notepad then load in BLFBuilder.
Ha, now it works great!
Check the attachment, but ensure if other languages weren't broken (in the notepad there are different spaces between words, but maybe it's nothing serious...).