Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game crashes in 7th season!!

Exclamation Game crashes in 7th season!!

Hi Mates, I am having a peculiar problem with nss4. I am in my 7th season and for some reason at this stage, my software starts off normally, loads up the saved file and when i click on the green tab with the right click on it, it starts to proceed and move forward and all of a sudden when it starts to load up the month of April, it justs shuts down on. I have tried many times to restart it, but it does the same thing and refuses to load up April. I know its not a virus or my firewall can anyone help me?

2012? This sounds like the problem with the Brazilian league for games started in 4.02 or earlier. The only solution is to delete the Brazil competitions. If you are playing outside of the Brazilian league and want me to do that for you just zip send me the save file.

Thanks Siread, Indeed i believe it is the brazilian league that is acting up. Where would i be able to send you the save folder?

i deleted the brazilian competitions from my database, is it enough or should i do something, too

Quote Originally Posted by lelex88 View Post
    Thanks Siread, Indeed i believe it is the brazilian league that is acting up. Where would i be able to send you the save folder?
    Please zip your save file and email the zip to siread@newstarsoccer.com
    E Pluribus Unum

Here's how to fix it yourself:

- First make a copy of your save file db in Documents/New Star Soccer 4/Save. (Just in case anything goes wrong.)

- Download SQLiteBrowser (PC Only)

-If you get an error regarding msvrc71.dll when you run it then you might need to go to this page:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

- Use SqliteBrowser to open your save file db.

- In the Command window paste this:

DELETE FROM competition WHERE level = 0 AND based = 28

Then click Exexute Query.

Remember, don't do this if you are at a Brazilian club. Transfer to another country first.

Now load up your game.
    Last edited by siread; 01-05-2009 at 03:27 PM.

Si, did the db issue relating to this get fixed? I plan on supplying an update this week so would be good to know.
    #You can play your card, I'll hold onto mine, Tied up in the reasons, Ace take your time#
    #Looks turn to lovers, flames into fires, Jack loves his tragedy, Queen her desires#

Yeah, the only reason people saw this after starting a game in 4.03 was because they then downloaded a "real name" db which still had the old error.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
    i deleted the brazilian competitions from my database, is it enough or should i do something, too

If you still have a backup of the game from the which you deleted the competitions, load that backup into SQLite DB Browser and run the query that Si posted above.
    E Pluribus Unum

no, i didn't delete from a save game , i deleted all brazilian competitions from my database(programfiles/nss4/database/nss4.db)

i mean; i deleted from my database, if i start a new game, will my game crash after 7 seasons

No it won't crash, but you only have to update to 4.03 to fix it. If you want real names use the Fudge thing - don't download a full unofficial database.

I am the one who has one hosted and it's from 4.00 (old yes) and I have to delete it. I'll do that when I get ftp access back.
    E Pluribus Unum

hi sorry i've been quiet so long, i've been away and not doing much stuff for nss4 i've taken down the link to my database too, but hopefully a new one will be uploaded during the weekend.

we deleted brazilian competitions but libertadores cup will crash( i wont play out europe but it can damage our game)