Thread: Footballs Rising Stars

Default Footballs Rising Stars

[Firstly I'd like to say I am currently playing NSS1 as I recently got a new PC and I'm having to wait for my NSS3 code to be emailed to me as I lost it and now can only do the ten game trial untill I get the code, so I thought to myself "lets go back to the old days." Now here is my career nicely presented in some form of tv scrip or something to that effect]

"Today on Footballs Rising Stars we look at the career so far of 18 year old Clayton Clive, he began his career at Morecambe, he came through the youth ranks after being spotted during a school tournament in Lancaster at the age of 14, Morecambe had to compete with local rivals Lancaster to sign the youngster, but Morecambe, being the more popular and sussessful side easily won the race to sign him. He rose thorugh the ranks quickly, and during the 2001-2002 season he played 22 game for the reseves, scoring 24 goals. This saw him sign a 3 year contract in June 2002 worth £1,080 per week. He made his first team debut in the first game of the season, he managed an assit but Morecambe lost 2-1 to Gravesend and Northfleet, Clive managed to keep his first team place and in the second game of the season he scored 2 goals in a 2-2 draw with Hereford. Morecambe then began to win whilst Clive went on scoring, on of the highlights was a thrilling 4-2 win away at Lancashire rivals Accrington in mid October, this put Morecambe second in the Conference. Clayton was catching the eyes of many big clubs at this point, people noted his ability to take on 4 or 5 players one after the other, and he got metioned on the regional news after scoring 5 goals in a 7-2 win at Farnborough Town. Morecambe's form continued till Christmas only losing 1 more game till then, on the 28th of December Morecambe's form came to an end with a 5-2 unexpected defeat at home to Gravesend and Northfleet who won them in the first game of the season, in an interview after the game Clive was asked why Morecambe lost and in his humorous and eccentric fashion responded by saying 'We lost because they scored more goals than us'. Which was the correct answer never the less. Morecambe then lost again suffering consecutive defeats for the first time during the season this lose was 3-2 away at Hereford. As expected by everyone Clayton left Morecambe on the 21st of Jan 2003 for a fee thought to be around 200,000, at this point Morecambe were sitting pretty at the top of the conference, and Clayton had scored 38 goals in 25 starts for Morecambe also managing 22 assits. The move to Middlesbrough was expected by all, the offer for Clayton was too good to refuse, and Morecambe fans were not happy by his move but knew it was going to happen and understood why. Middlesbrough at the time were sitting in 8th and Clayton looks set to make is debut possible this weekend. We will fill you in on how Clayton's move to Middlesbrough went at the end of the season. That is the end of Footballs Rising Stars tonight, and remember, don't have nightmers, don't eat cheese."
    Last edited by Clayton; 07-17-2008 at 07:34 PM. Reason: miss spelt words
    'The groin's been a little sore but after the semi-final I put it to the back of my head.' - Michael Hughes

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton View Post
    [Firstly I'd like to say I am currently playing NSS1 as I recently got a new PC and I'm having to wait for my NSS3 code to be emailed to me as I lost it and now can only do the ten game trial untill I get the code, so I thought to myself "lets go back to the old days." Now here is my career nicely presented in some form of tv scrip or something to that effect]
    You should keep playing NSS1, it's very cool. I still play it every day

Your career start was good. It looks just like my career(there's a thread around here somewhere), but I lost the save game(due to stupidity and forgetting to back up my documents more often )
    E Pluribus Unum

Thanks, I am enjoying playing it, I have done a similar thing, I lost something like a 4 year career once when my computer crashed in the middle of saving on NSS3, I nearly cried
    'The groin's been a little sore but after the semi-final I put it to the back of my head.' - Michael Hughes

Wow, Si's games make people cry

In that case you should have went to the NSS3 save folder and rename the .nss file to .old and the .bak file to .nss, it would work(I believe)
    E Pluribus Unum

Thanks, I shall remember that.

Default Moving to the east

Here I was, being driven by my father to the River Side by my father, we weren't really arriving in style like some footballers but in a twenty year old Land Rover, my father wanted it, so I bought him it, it was going cheap. As the car pulled into the ground I saw a large group of people gathering outside the reception area, it was the press. First they didn't notice me in a rickerty old Land Rover, they must have thought some fans were a little lost, but when they relised they ran stright for us. We pulled up a few metres away from the doors and two large bouncer type men had to help me shuffle through the crowds, one of them shouted in a deep, macho voice, "Questions aswered in the press conference!"
    Soon I was met by Steve McCarman, the Middlesbrough manager. He firmly shuck my hand and took me up to his office, I had been here the night before to sign the contract, during the day it all seemed very different, with many people walking up and down, VIP visitors being show around, and things to that style happening.
    He showed me around the stadium and then took me out down the tunnel to the pitch. Dispite there being no fans fill the stadium, or no teams lining up in kit it still made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. He looked at me and then said "This is where I believe you will be loved."
    Some of the squad weren't too keen on me training with them, they didn't think I could play in the Premier League a week after playing in the Conference, even if I had scored so many goals.
    I lernt in training that the team was strugling to find many goals as 2 strickers were out, one of them for the rest of the season, this gave me firm ground to stand on whilst I challenged for a first team spot. By Friday I was getting on fine with all the lads in the team and that afternoon we flew down to Birmingham for our game at Villa. It was that night in the hotel Steve told me I would be starting the game. I was over the mood that night I struggled to sleep. The morning flew by and soon I found myself in the changing room, pulling on my favourite number 13 shirt. I had always worn it, I kenw keepers were sometimes worried it may be unlucky for them, so I thought I would try to put the thoughts of 13 being unlucky to bed. After the team talk, that I struggled to remember and take in all the guys wished me luck. When walking out the tunnel it hit me as I saw a camera, I would also be on Match of the day, it wasn't just 30,000 fans or so out there today juding me, but the pundits on Motd and the few millions watching it. The game was pretty quiet for me, I managed to string together several passes but nothing really came of it, at half time it was 0-0, we went out with confidence because of the great team talk, then the next thing we knew 2-0 down, it was hard to take, I was determinded to do well and please the fans, but after 20 mins of no shots on goals fans began to leave on 80 mins, luckily after taking the ball forward a few yards I places a through ball to the right winger and he crossed in a ball for Malcom Chrissy to score from. Finally after much effort a second goal came on the 88th min. In our next game everything seemed to go wrong. Luckily we won 1-0, we were playing Wolves, one of the other teams theat expressed intrest in me, but on that preformance there fans seemed pleased thay hadn't signed me. I managed to get a good preformance in for my third game, in which I scored my first goal, a header from a corner, we went on to lose 2-1. All the news reports in the papers and what was said of me by pundits seemed to be pretty similar, I had alot of potential but I am likely to struggle in the Premier Leauge right now. The games went by and I wasn't really doing much for the team, I was still hodling down my place in the team, the manager had a lot of faith in me and I thanked him for that, in my 8th game I got my first assist, and in my 9th game got my second goal, it wa a stunning free kick from around 28 yards out. The players were reluctant to let me take it but we were 3-0 up against Bolton so they let me go for it. In my next game I was injured and would miss the next match, but this gave me time to move into my first house, with help from my mother and friends, then I got to spend some time with them all again which was nice, because I had been so busy training and finding a home it was hard for me. In April Norwich made an offer for me, but I declined without even lucking at the offer, I had finally got settled and they wanted me to move again, I would have considered a loan as I was struggling in the Premier League but moving again was too soon, I was comited to the club and wanted to at least get through my current contract, I felt I owed it to the manager and fans. The last game of the season was at home against my beloved Manchester City, we won 2-0 and I put in a good preformance, it was an odd feeling playing against them, always had dreamed of playing for them not against them, it was an odd feeling to win was nice, but you neve rlike seeing your own team lose. I won young player of the year, I felt mainly for my efforts at Morecambe, as I found it hard adapting to the Premier League, I was also delighted to see Morecambe also managed promotion.

END OF SEASON STATS
    Goals:40
    Assists:23
    Appearances:39(All starts)