Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The end of something beautiful

Default The end of something beautiful

Previous note: This is the one and only career that I have played since I bought NSS3. I have been playing it for over a year.

My final stats:

[img=http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/6955/statsdu4.th.png]

My final trophies closet (the number of domestic championships has a bug, it should be 21):

[img=http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/6151/trophiesjg6.th.png]

The story begins when I was 17 and looked for a club to start my professional football career. And what a better place to start than the club at your home town? So I did a couple of tests and exams, and signed the contract right away! Playing for my favorite club, what a honour!

Braga (17-20 years)

My first game was against our biggest rivals. Boy, was I anxious! Nevertheless, the manager picked me for the starting team right on the first match of the championship and I managed to score the winning goal! Couldn't have wished a better start! For the rest of the season I worked very hard and my team won both championship and cup! The end of the season brought also the world cup. I was too young to be selected, and stayed home watching Japan become surprisingly world champions.
    I was very happy at Braga and in the next two seasons won everything there was to win! I also made my debut in Portugal squad and became european champion. On my personal life I found a gold-digging girlfriend, that I have dumped when she asked me for a new car. She made a press scandal but I continued with my normal life, and just a couple of months later I met a very intelligent girl, and my personal life became fulfilled again.

However, in the third season, Braga was selling all of its players, and I did not understand why. I was loosing all my best friends that played with me and I was not very comfortable with that. I asked for a transfer at the end of the season and moved to Arsenal with a 2 years contract.

Arsenal (20-22)

Arrived at Arsenal, the manager gave me a place in the first team, right beside Henry! What a demolishing pair we made! 2 years full of success, both domestic and internationally. However, I waited to renew my contract and the offer never came. I went to play the world cup without knowing my future. My national team managed to win the world cup for the fist time in its history! At this point, I decided to make two changes in my career: change from amateur to expert and get married! The offer from Arsenal came in the last day of contract, but I also decided not to stay and move to another country. No good offers came, as I wished to play Champions League at my new club, so I signed a contract with Portsmouth, clearly not what I wanted.

Portsmouth (22-23)

The manager did not like my attitude towards the press right from the beginning, and so I just stayed one year. Still, I won everything again. Not much to tell except that I still played very well at expert level. Finally got to move to other country: Holland!

Feyenoord (23-28)

I was so happy at Feyenoord! My tactical manager really liked my playing style and I won everything again and also my first golden boots with the National Team! After five long years, I decided that I had to move to a team at a new country, but playing CL was essential to me, so I took Stuttgart's offer.

Stuttgart (28-29)

Once again I found a manager that did not like my attitude, so I moved at the end of the season. Again, won championship, cup and CL. Moved to not very far, at Leverkusen.

Leverkusen (29-32)

Found a very good manager and team at Leverkusen, I enjoyed my time there. After I made 30 years, age was beginning to get to me and I was loosing my skills. I had to train more to overcome this problem. After 4 years in Germany, I felt once again the need of a new experience, and I gladly accepted the invitation from Barcelona.

Barcelona (32-38)

The manager did not like very much again, but I got over it. Age was getting to me really bad, and so I could not play every game, and had to choose when to play and when to train to recover my dwindled skills. With the help of the other players from Barcelona fantastic team, we had plenty of success, winning so many trophies!

Last year was particularly difficult, I was in top form at the end of the season and eager to help Portugal once again at the World Cup, but at the start of it, my technical skills were reduced from 30 to 12 and my fitness skills to even less! Lacking stamina was very painful, so I could not be striker anymore. However, I changed my game style to more of a playmaker as forward, and made many assists to my partners. I will never forget the final match, playing against Czech Republic for the cup. I got 2 fantastic goals and got MoM even with so worse skills as before. At the end of the season, I found that I was not a young man and I could not compete at the highest level anymore. Considering this, and also that retiring after winning a World Cup should be the dream of every player, I finally "hanged my boots", and decided to take a long vacation with my wife and 5 children at my castle at my private island!

Thank you for reading!

Needs something more. I can see the image, but only after I make some URL modifications.

Nice run throw German teams and ending in Barcelona.

And I can see nuthin'... It can't find anything... What Url modifications?
    Can't write anymore.

Sorry, I clicked on submit reply before actually having the whole story there.

I think now it is OK.

Can I use embedded pictures? If so, how?

Though playing at the age of 38
    I still can't see the final stats...
    Can't write anymore.

The stats link is now fixed

Didn't mean that but I didn't know they'd get so bad...

I meant:

I can't go anywhere with that link... But these are goals and assist or somethin else?
    Can't write anymore.

Nice one. You can post images by using:

[img*]{img link}[/img*]

No asterisks

If you host it in Imageshack it is the last link provided that you should put where "{img link}" is.

link is now fixed, you can see it.

If you want, I can post some of my goals, but I have saved so many of them. I think that I have more than 100 saved goals.

I can see them now.

Post like a top ten and rate them. It will be nice.

I will do that when I ger the patience to watch and select all of them.

Maybe I can upload a bunch of them on rapidshare or megaupload or something similar.

Wow... close to 1000 goals for Portugal, John
    Why do u people always host in imageshack? I hate that thing... Always with pop-ups...
    Can't write anymore.

He said a 100

Megaupload and rapidshare would be nice, just be sure not to make use files...

I prefer tinypic. But I also use Imageshack

He said a 100
    Uh? What are u talking about?
    Can't write anymore.

Oh.. I tought replays... ... sorry