New 'Spend' System - Elaborated Suggestion
Since over the years NSS has evolved from text to 2D and from there to 3D. Sadly, the spend system just got some improvements and was never done from the start, like the match engine of NSS3 and NSS4. Since every thing is going to be better and different in NSS4, here are my suggestions for the new spend system.
Casino Tab (Now known as 'Games & Leisure'):
- Just to start this tab I would like to say that you should not be able to buy your friends, girlfriend and family love with items so easily. That will be discussed on the next tab.
- Home items are only a few and there should be a lot of new items (jacuzzi, trophy cabinet, etc...) and they should vary from a lot of prices. It is either too expensive or too cheap (for those who think there is no thing as too cheap, you are wrong ). Also, Some items can be expanded (example: paintings. They could be expanded in a way that prices would go from nearly nothing and nearly painless). (After reading this information read the one about houses if you are not going to finish the topic now)
- As for clothing and jewelry, obviously, having more men's items like shirts, those suits that can't get a stain, a pair of jeans, all-star, jackets, sponsors clothes (example: when Adidas sponsors you they could give you some sport clothes, trainers, etc...
- For the 'vehicles' section, other boats, motorbikes, planes, bikes, etc... should be more detailed. If a car is called Honda Civic why does the motorbike have to be called motorbike? Of course, as obvious, the more, the merrier. The main addiction that I think should be added is the possibility to change the color of the car. This could be tricky because you wouldn't normally see a tank painted in pink, would you ? Also, an information box telling the maximum speed of the car, extras included, and others, would be rather nice.
- 'Property' should be separated into two: 'Houses' (or some other name) and 'business'. In Houses there should be more houses than now and they should have a small information box saying how many bathrooms, bedrooms, special rooms (games room, etc...) it has got, squared feet, has got a garage or not (if it hasn't got a garage you could get robbed) and security system (once again, get robbed out of anything from 'Home & Entertainment', 'Clothing & Jewelery', 'Vehicles' and/or money). When buying a house you should choose which country to build it (this also has impact on the home items because you get to choose which house to put the item). In order to buy items you randomly start in one of the following four places: and Rent Home (no garage, security system, one bedroom, one bathroom, etc... mediocre priced), a hotel (garage included, security system, bathroom, bedroom, etc... highly priced for a poor paycheck), a motel (parking lot, no security system, one bathroom, one bedroom, etc... cheaply priced), a friend house (yes or no garage, yes or no security system, shared bathroom, a bedroom, etc... free). As for 'Business' it is very simple really. These can vary from a hot dog stand to a gas station, to a car dealership, to a multi-million dollar company. The only difference is that instead of adding more money for the 'cost of living' it will add to 'business profits', which gives you money, instead of taking it. You will also have to choose which country to build the business, after all, some countries have more need for some things than other.
- Special items are a blast but there is one thing that is missing: the images. They may not be the real thing but if they look like it is a good image.
- First, the obvious; since the name has changed it gives the indication that casino might have vanished but that is wrong, it has just got more games and more way to get money and relationships.
- Casino has more games now, but first how it will be displayed: All the games will be in a list, click on it and the chosen game will be ready to be played. The games will be the original slot machine, roulette and blackjack, with new games as Texas hold'em poker, "lucky number seven" (I don't know the name so this is how I call it) and others.
- The biggest addiction is the fact that you can now do some leisure activities with your friends, team mates, or coach. These activities can go from playing golf to jogging to having a first date with a possibly future girlfriend. You get to choose which level of effort you are going to use. from 'low' to 'high' with 'normal' in between, you will lose energy doing it but sometimes you might get a popup saying that the person you are playing wants to bet for some hard cash to prove that he can beat you. (This, obliously will not happen with first or future dates but may happen with your girlfriend on separate occasions). The attitude of your friend/girlfriend/teammate/coach determines how well or not you should play because some of them are sore losers. Doing these activities you will have to pay for most of them and some will take a small amount of energy and other will take a large amount of energy and they will seriously affect your relationships for better or worse.
The new Finances Tab:
- This includes horse racing and other luck games.
- Besides a small box that says how does a horse act and a chance to ask help from a fellow better or some 'professional' help. They may cost a lot of money or they may be free (obvious that the professional help is never going to be free). The only thing you can do is ask if this horse is a keeper and not which horse is going to win. Also, there may be a lot of horses that are keepers.
- IT IS HERE!!! THE LOTERRY!!! This is a simple game of chance. A ticket is very cheap and the ods are as in real life: a million to one. Only 5 tickets per person is available
- Soccer matches are always a great thing to watch, but specially if you got money on a team. Predict the exact result of a week's fixture of a league and get a nice reward.
- This can be explained in one 'dot': There it will show all the money you spend, all the you receive and it will show if it was a positive outcome. This will be very detailed and will say where did you spent your money on the past week.
This is just my idea. I sometimes say 'will have' but nothing is confirmed so please wait for Mr.Simon's response.