Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sensational Beta 1 available

Default Sensational Beta 1 available

Well, here we are with a new game from the New Star stable. Essentially this is the same game engine as New Star Soccer 3, but you will be able to control the whole team, choose the tactics, players etc. Currently there are single match (1 or 2 player) and league options, but i intend to include a World Cup mode in time for this summer's event.

Download the beta here:
    http://download.newstargames.com/SensationalSoccer.zip

Extract the contents of the zip file and run the Sensational Soccer exe. This game should expire on the 10th of May, so on that day you will need to either delete the folder or get a new version.

SS is here! I am going to try it right now!

AfterDeath is offline Used to be liked round these parts. Player Of The Year

Fantastic Si! I'll give it a go!
    "The cardinal doctrine which they seek to teach is that souls do not die, but after death pass from one to another; and this belief, as the fear of death is thereby cast aside, they hold to be the greatest invective to valour."
    - Julius Caesar

I found something strange... (It maybe because of the portuguese tranlation) but when I started the match it said to press the "call for the ball" button... But there is no "call for the ball" there is "change player"

Hmmm, Turkish became interesting with all those squares. What C++ compiler are you using, if you don't mind my asking?

Perhaps you could have a quick match list of teams, so instead of playing Zemun vs San Martin (SJ) you can play Inter v AC Milan.

Add nationalities of players to the selection screen, please.

Have a stadium option.

I had trouble moving Brad Friedel into the goalkeeper position, he was listed 11th with Blackburn. Perhaps instead or in addition to the switch players, you could use the boxes as well to switch players so I don't have to move my mouse all the way down and then back up. Managing my lineup felt kind of awkward, perhaps an 'assistant manager' option?

Do leagues feature promotion/relegation if you play long enough?

Custom Cup Tournaments

No gameplay bugs so far, in fact I scored a cracker of a goal.

Obviously the squads need some work, Arsenal have no strikers

No obvious bugs yet, nice work
    #You can play your card, I'll hold onto mine, Tied up in the reasons, Ace take your time#
    #Looks turn to lovers, flames into fires, Jack loves his tragedy, Queen her desires#

If the length of the team is too long to fit into the box (IE Mexico), possibly display their short name instead.

All the players have goalkeeper as their position.

Can't substitute players. Can't see players' match rating; can't see player's fitness, is this intentional?

Custom tactic - had trouble moving players 7 and 8 when i moved them near each other.

All in all a good game, not as deep as NSS3 at all yet and doesn't do as much for me as NSS3 does, but I'm not worried about it

A couple more great goals as well the gameplay in the game is quite solid.

Damn, I thought I sorted the squads. Statto, feel free to adapt your editor to pick 22 players.

The leagues do feature promotion/relegation.

The quick match option works on all the League/Division selection screens. For instance, if you click Quick Match on the English Divisions screen it will pick 2 English clubs. If you go all the way to the Premiership it will choose 2 premiership teams.

Thanks for the comments so far.

I'll see what I can do. I was going to add the export feature but you released SS so I haven't started yet.

Beautiful, is it the general three up/three down? You should add the color codes. Nice about the quick match.

Wait - not all players have goalkeeper at their position, but most of the ones I have seen do (Mexican league, Icelandic league)...

Player appearances seem to be random? In my first game for Milan Shevchenko was white and dark haired. He now appears to be stocky and dark skinned, like some other players who shouldn't be.

Also, when changing language, can the boxes not be made to change size to adapt to the text length?

Same player name issue as NSS3, 'nicknames' not being displayed.
    Last edited by JJU; 05-01-2006 at 10:13 PM.
    #You can play your card, I'll hold onto mine, Tied up in the reasons, Ace take your time#
    #Looks turn to lovers, flames into fires, Jack loves his tragedy, Queen her desires#

Quote Originally Posted by Haluk
    Hmmm, Turkish became interesting with all those squares. What C++ compiler are you using, if you don't mind my asking?
    It's programmed in BlitzPlus. No C++ at all.

Quote Originally Posted by statto
    Wait - not all players have goalkeeper at their position, but most of the ones I have seen do (Mexican league, Icelandic league)...
    Statto, could you have a scan through your League save file. Does it have any blank spaces?

Quote Originally Posted by statto
    Can't substitute players. Can't see players' match rating; can't see player's fitness, is this intentional?
    You should be able to sub players. Is the ball out of play?

Match ratings and fitness don't exist at the moment.