Comments on 1.17 (iOS)
Very interesting update, I like most of the ideas. Headers don't seem to work well, though - or maybe I'm just rubbish at them, but whenever I lob a ball for a header it seems to just bounce limply off the player.
A couple of little things:
- it's still snowing in Brazil (I was playing at Internacional when it happened);
- some teams still have wrong kits: Corinthians' home uniform should be white jersey, black shorts, away black/white stripes, white shorts. Fluminense's home uniform should be green/dark red stripes jersey, white shorts.
Thanks for the feedback.
Yeah I'm loving the update, the crosses and rebounds make a huge difference to the feel.
One thing though, there's still scheduling issues. I missed a Champs Lge Last 16 1st Leg (we lost it 2 - 0 to Lyon) due to playing for England, I think I might have reported it before. It's no biggie really, it just adds to the drama of needing to win the 2nd Leg, managed to eek out a 4 - 3 on aggregate
Now that I have a few dozen games under 1.17, I think there are a few issues.
- my player has full stats and almost perfect relationships (no change from before 1.17), and yet I seem to be getting less chances than before: I used to average 10-12 chances a game, now I'm lucky to get 10. Of course the sample size is small and I might just be unlucky, but it still suggests something is wrong, coupled with...
- I am no longer chosen for free kicks and penalties, despite the above stats and relationships (I am yet to use the new ball-control shoes, though - that's about the only thing I can think of).
- Headers do seem to be broken. They never work, and it's quite annoying when a slightly high pass is lost because the game interprets it as a header. A possible suggestion to fix this would be to allow headers only during crosses/corners, but in any case headers themselves need work.
Rats, there goes my chance of a first season going unbeaten in the League. Week 20 in the Brazilian League and I play an International for England and come back to find my Flamengo team lost 1 - 0 to Grêmio. Still addicted to the game mind :-)
Originally Posted by ely
Final comment on this from me. I got to the Final of the Copa Libertadores and duly lost in the Final to Boca Juniors 4 - 1 (Week 42) as I as busy playing Wales for a WC Qualifier for England. I was gutted when the result came up on the screen as I had dominated the competition and was looking forward to adding to my trophy haul, and trying for a 100 Goal season (I was on 96). Ah well.
I'm guessing if I try again next season I could well miss the Final again what with the WC being at the same time?
So I finally won my Copa Libertadores with Flamengo (played in week 43, with the WC starting in Week 49). I played terrible in the final but won it with a goal in the 119min for a 4 - 3 win. Also reached the 100 goal barrier for the season (111 to be exact), but the unbeaten League season still eludes me, due to International duty. Rats.
What an addictive game this is