Page 20 of 45 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: NSGP Online Championship 9

Yeah, was a great race as i said before. I was "lucky" cause i didnt made a single hard mistake all race. In the end i was just lighter and with fresh tires to spend so i made great laps. Also i didnt had the pressure of having to be careful due to collisions!

And im realizing that NO collisions can be really fun. Its nice that finally we decided to give it a try, even if it looses some adrenaline and reality. I like with collisions more but....NO collisions makes it more competitive and dependent on you only, which is great!

EDIT: BTW...no race control appeals this weekend! I wasnt here to close the window of appeals but.....everyone knew the time so, no problem.
    Last edited by Alfonso; 03-24-2012 at 02:37 PM.

Hiatus mode activated!!!

I have no idea what's going on with Spain, everyone was simply faster than I was... both quali and race, and I was like... ok whatever Also, strangely enough most were slower than I was on Imola. Again I have no idea how or why because the track is so much less demanding than Spain.

Quote Originally Posted by Sida79 View Post
    Also, strangely enough most were slower than I was on Imola. Again I have no idea how or why because the track is so much less demanding than Spain.
    The track is less demanding then Spain but....the right trajectorys make the all difference. Its more or less like old Italy GP. Always gas on, so why some are "faster" then others? Its the approach to the turns, but that sounds too obvious! The hard part is to pass that into practical way!

Hiatus mode activated!!!

Anyone up for some sunday evening racing?
    ONline now, come and play!!!

9:55pm ok dont worry about it, if anyone else is playing this evening, leave a message on here

Where can i join? I can race and i can see that there's one place left on Red Bull! Please contact me!

Quote Originally Posted by Makkezzi View Post
    Where can i join? I can race and i can see that there's one place left on Red Bull! Please contact me!
    That's right, you may take the Red Bull seat. We just need your name, surname and nationality, so we can show your results in the tables. Next race is this saturday at 10:00 AM London time. Use this web page to check the race date for your time zone. We practice 30 minutes before the race so it is very useful to show up early.
    NSGP Online Championship

Quote Originally Posted by Makkezzi View Post
    Yeah, welcome!

Dont forget to read all "rules" before cause there are some things important. Like, you have to use both kind of tires if there is no rain. If not, you can be punished by race control! Yeah, we have this kind of things, a board that analyses race incidents and apply penalties if necessary. But hey, maybe its sounding too complicated, just come to play with us, you´re more then welcome!

See you Saturday then, 30m before 10AM(uk time) so you can practice a bit before the tracks.

Hiatus mode activated!!!

@Makkezzi
    Just a little note about the online car, which if you have not played online before is quite different to the offline car, it is worth getting some practice in before the race. I will be online from 10pm UK time if you or anyone else would like to play!

Also, make sure you download the trackpack from the first post because we are racing on the A1-ring as well as Monaco on Saturday

EDIT
    Ok could someone else host because i dont think it works with me...
    Right Alfonso's hosting, all join!!

RE-EDIT
    @ alfonso sorry bout that; laptop ran out of battery then couldnt reconnect, well practice again tomorrow evening

Will there be any practice this evening?
    Could someone else possibly host??
    I dont know how to make it work for me...
    GF1 race happening now more players wanted!!

Yes i've read those rules and understand them. I'm so excited My name is Markus Kotka. Kotka is my surname and i live in Finland. See ya then!

FP1 Server is live
    Moderating in moderation.

Window for Race Control appeals closes at 12:50!! (UK time)

Hiatus mode activated!!!

http://grebocin.com/nsgpoc/seasons.php?id=9

Afonso, I hate you...

I'm kidding man, I love you!

But sometimes I hate you!

A racing day like this was no fun to me. First I got hit by everyone on the track, cause I had a bit heavier car. Then I had a perfect race in Monaco and somehow Peter was faster and Afonso got me by 0.01 second. How should I enjoy this???
    NSGP Online Championship

Quote Originally Posted by przemator View Post
    A racing day like this was no fun to me. First I got hit by everyone on the track, cause I had a bit heavier car.
    I'm pretty sure everyone in the midfield feels this way about Austria, but you were particularly unlucky i guess, i saw you fly wide after being ontop(?) of Mellor and Roden.

Quote Originally Posted by przemator View Post
    Then I had a perfect race in Monaco and somehow Peter was faster and Afonso got me by 0.01 second. How should I enjoy this???
    On the second stint on softs you were pretty quic and gained a little on me, but on your hard tyre stint you were VERY slow - that's where i won it

Weekend review:

On both races i wasnt allowed to set a Q lap. On Austria i wasnt very disturbed with that but i was sad cause of Monaco. Its very important to get a front line there and in the end was what was missing for a win...

Austria, I made a race without mistakes at all and i think my tactics proved to be good. I bet on a more heavy stint at start as i was starting from the back. I didnt lost much time to front runners as i think they were taking each other out. Rodney who got pole made a series of mistakes and felt down on the grid.
    I made 9+7+7
    I got the win with a very surprising comfortable advantage.

Monaco, no Q for me! I started last 10th and decided to go for a heavy stint again at start. I made 7+5+5+4.
    Made a very secure race but i think all drivers were driving good for the first laps. There was a huge group of cars together all the time. I cant imagine how it would have been with collisions on!
    Soon after, some mistakes were starting to show up from all drivers. I tried to keep it clean. I was always on the middle of the platoon. Around lap 4/5 everyone except me and Peter went to pit to change tires and i finally got the front places.
    I thought i had acquired some good advantage by running with hards first and not making mistakes but that was proven wrong in last 4 laps. I left my last pit and was behing Prz and Peter. Peter was on Softs and Prz on hards. So i thought, at least 2nd i have to get it!
    I started my pursuit and was surprised at the pace i was being able to set. I broke the lap record twice in that space of time with a cannon time! I was getting closer to Prz but still with Peter way ahead of me. Last lap i was on the tail of Prz and though it would be more or less easy to take him over as he was on Hards and me on softs, but not!!! He was driving very fast, probably caused by the empty tank. We changed the 2nd place for a couple of times on that last lap but....on last turn i managed to pass him and cut the finishing line with around 0.100s advantage. Tight, tight!!!!

Was ok races for me this weekend. No Q takes a bit the excitement out for me. Also i didnt had many fights during races except the ones i already mentioned.

I though my podiums in a row record was going to end today but...NOT! Im starting not to believe on it. 28 Podiums in a row!!! WTF

Hiatus mode activated!!!