Page 44 of 59 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Results 646 to 660 of 882

Thread: NSGP Online Championship 8

  1. #646
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    2,265

    Default

    I might be wrong but shouldnt race control hand out decisions in a way that is much more swift than the current?

  2. #647
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Reeves View Post
    Ceraj's upload is on mediafirehttp://www.mediafire.com/?qckyzahu2s0esnq - posted earlier
    Oh... must have missed that. Thank!


    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

  3. #648
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sida79 View Post
    I might be wrong but shouldnt race control hand out decisions in a way that is much more swift than the current?
    Sida, we all have lifes I have exams this week and I really have better things to do than watching replays of online races


    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

  4. #649
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    2,137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sida79 View Post
    I might be wrong but shouldnt race control hand out decisions in a way that is much more swift than the current?
    Actually i start to agree with you and prz...that we should have voted in the more active players for stwearts but...we learn with the mistakes. Next season there will be new votings!
    But yeah, as Marek says and well everyone has other stuff to do besides games...well, some more then others!
    Next season my vote will go the more active players...and its not cause i want to be a stewart at all (cause its a hard and demanding task actually), but cause i think it will work better and quicker...


    Hiatus mode activated!!!

  5. #650
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Southend-on Sea via Romford :P
    Posts
    1,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingKong View Post
    Sida, we all have lifes I have exams this week and I really have better things to do than watching replays of online races
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso View Post
    Actually i start to agree with you and prz...that we should have voted in the more active players for stwearts but...we learn with the mistakes. Next season there will be new votings!
    But yeah, as Marek says and well everyone has other stuff to do besides games...well, some more then others!
    Next season my vote will go the more active players...and its not cause i want to be a stewart at all (cause its a hard and demanding task actually), but cause i think it will work better and quicker...
    We are active players, we just also have lives and other things to do. There was no time frame given for when the stewards would have to render a decision and for all you know we could still be debating the incidents
    Moderating in moderation.

  6. #651
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    2,137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King Rob View Post
    We are active players, we just also have lives and other things to do. There was no time frame given for when the stewards would have to render a decision and for all you know we could still be debating the incidents
    Yeah thats what i said...i understand completely, im just curious to know the decisions. Actually i think there should be a time frame to present decisions. Like till the end of the day of the race...something to be voted for next season. Peter add it to the list!

    • Untill when an appeal should be presented (1 hour, 2, 3,....)
    • Untill when appeals have to be reviewd and announced
    • .......


    Hiatus mode activated!!!

  7. #652
    redmelons's Avatar
    redmelons is offline Player Of The Year World Player Of The Year
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Merrie Olde England
    Posts
    622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sida79 View Post
    I might be wrong but shouldnt race control hand out decisions in a way that is much more swift than the current?
    Rushed justice is bad justice

    We have to discuss our opinions, agree our verdict, and then have to agree on the severity of the offence and the level of punishment necessary.

  8. #653
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    2,137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redmelons View Post
    Rushed justice is bad justice

    We have to discuss our opinions, agree our verdict, and then have to agree on the severity of the offence and the level of punishment necessary.
    You mean that there will be a punishment??? Just teasing...dont need to answer.


    Hiatus mode activated!!!

  9. #654
    Othello82's Avatar
    Othello82 is offline First Team Player International Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Porto
    Posts
    272

    Default

    Hi guys!

    Haven't been very active in last couple of weeks, but for next weekend count with me! Also, congrats to Alfonso who mada two great weekends! Nice!

    Next weekend i think i will be more competetive (or so i hope), because iĞ'll have some time to practice during week. Also i would like to discuss a few things about race control, but don't know if this is the right place. Some mentioned earlier in this forum that there should be a forum for race control questions and announcements. If you prefer i will post my questions here.

    Anyway, i'll be arround for the next few days!

    Cheers

  10. #655
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Reeves View Post
    So what says one move is NOT dangerous/reckless and the other one is? The reason is clear, he was defending his position. But apparently in one case its "dangerous", but in the other its permissible? Let's see what RC says, but I can't see that there's anything to justify this.
    You can't defend your position like that though, it's wreckless. The difference between the two incidents is that Marek's had no intention of recklessness. He was genuinely trying to get slipstream (which is perfectly within the rules) and his car control let him down. This incident was pure recklessness as it's just dangerous to defend like that

    Quote Originally Posted by Sida79 View Post
    I might be wrong but shouldnt race control hand out decisions in a way that is much more swift than the current?
    Possibly but there is nothing in the rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso View Post
    Yeah thats what i said...i understand completely, im just curious to know the decisions. Actually i think there should be a time frame to present decisions. Like till the end of the day of the race...something to be voted for next season. Peter add it to the list!

    • Untill when an appeal should be presented (1 hour, 2, 3,....)
    • Untill when appeals have to be reviewd and announced
    • .......
    I've thought about this but how would it work? For instance say the rule is that RC decisions should be made within 6 hours of the race ... what if one of the stewards has a wedding to go to or something?

  11. #656
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Othello82 View Post
    i would like to discuss a few things about race control, but don't know if this is the right place. Some mentioned earlier in this forum that there should be a forum for race control questions and announcements. If you prefer i will post my questions here.
    You may aswell post them here

  12. #657
    redmelons's Avatar
    redmelons is offline Player Of The Year World Player Of The Year
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Merrie Olde England
    Posts
    622

    Default

    Message from Race Control

    The following reports has been investigated by the Stewards Committee:

    1. Ribeiro v Krzeminski "Lap 6 Against Marek. On the long straight he pushed me to the side going out of his driving line, blocking me and caused me a big amount of damage conditioning my race a lot from this point on" - in Germany.

    The stewards found that Krzeminski had swerved erratically across the track and blocked Ribeiro. The decision of the stewards is that Krzeminski will have 3 seconds added to his race time at the next NSGPOC race in which he participates.

    2) Ribeiro v Kolowski "Lap 20 Against PRZ. On first turn i had my line and he forced the take over by the inside, causing me damage and the worst part, making me go to grass and damage my tires which in the end didnt gave me the possibility of fighting for the win. Tires were gone!!!" - in Germany.

    The stewards found that Kolowski made and successfully completed a legal, if determined, overtake. Ribeiro should have recognised that he had lost the battle and 'backed off'. The decision of the stewards is that there was no offence committed by Kolowski.

    3) Santamaria-Woods v Ceraj "Germany lap 2 against Mario Ceraj on the long straight before the hairpin. Ceraj was infront and randomly changed direction into my path causing me to be LAG tapped, then he went back onto his original line. As far i can tell he was not correcting a mistake and we were far from the next corner so it's about about positioning, don't understand why he swerved other than to try lag tap me".

    The stewards found that Santamaria-Woods collided with the rear of Ceraj's car after slip-streaming and then swerved in front of Ceraj, blocking him. The decision of the stewards is that Santamaria-Woods receives a warning that his driving must improve. Further incidents of this nature will be penalised.

  13. #658
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    2,137

    Default

    Controversy is in the air!

    Event 2 that i was expecting to win i lost. Event 1 that i was expecting to loose i win!

    Event 3, Peter reports Ceraj and he ends up by getting a warning!!!

    Minimum hilarious....

    Event 2:
    My defense. As a result of forcing a take over in a place where there was no space to do it, i got taped by the Mclaren car and lost control of my Ferrari. Its not that i didnt gave up that caused me to go to grass, its that i couldnt hold the car due to the aggressive take over and by consequence went to grass. The argument of Race control makes me understand that if a player doesnt give up to control his car then he will be penalised for it. So in order to win these kind of appeals i should leave my car go to gras as hard as possible right? Then it would be ok?

    But in the end we have to respect the Race Control decision even if we dont agree with it...

    BTW...congratulations to Prz for the win!
    Last edited by Alfonso; 01-29-2012 at 06:38 PM.


    Hiatus mode activated!!!

  14. #659
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso View Post
    BTW...congratulations to Prz for the win!
    Please, this is so fake. If you think my attack was unfair then don't congratulate me. You've taken away the joy of winning from me.

    There WAS enough space to attack - it was your mistake to leave so much space.
    My attack did not push you to grass - after the attack I was in front on my screen and cut next corner. Your mistake was going side by side with a ghost.
    NSGP Online Championship

  15. #660
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    2,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso View Post
    Actually i start to agree with you and prz...that we should have voted in the more active players for stwearts but...we learn with the mistakes. Next season there will be new votings!
    But yeah, as Marek says and well everyone has other stuff to do besides games...well, some more then others!
    Next season my vote will go the more active players...and its not cause i want to be a stewart at all (cause its a hard and demanding task actually), but cause i think it will work better and quicker...
    Well, I figured it's only logical... glad you agree.

    @Marek - well that was the whole point, wasn't it? Pick someone who's not going to accept a responsibility first and then plead "lifer defence" later

    Quote Originally Posted by redmelons View Post
    The stewards found that Santamaria-Woods collided with the rear of Ceraj's car after slip-streaming and then swerved in front of Ceraj, blocking him. The decision of the stewards is that Santamaria-Woods receives a warning that his driving must improve. Further incidents of this nature will be penalised.
    OH MY GOD !!!

    Ahaha... no, no... I'm just kidding, I had you right there you must admit, you thought I was gonna go mental!
    Actually, I'm not the least bit surprised, the stewards have been (unpleasantly) predictable this year.
    Just to tease a bit though: I thought first offence was 7 seconds and then up from there?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •