Page 1 of 59 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: NSGP Online Championship 8

Default NSGP Online Championship 8

The basics

• The NSGP Online Championshp (NSGPOC for short) is open to all regardless of skill/talent and anyone is welcome to join even if the season has already begun.
    • All races start on Saturday 10:00 UK Time. At this time there will be two back-to-back races.

Race calendar

Driver list

Green = Seat taken.
    Orange = Seat taken; however driver is inactive, therefore the seat available.
    White = Seat available.

Current standings

Rules
    • Race length: Variable, approx 15 minutes. Check the calendar above for exact distances
    • Collisions: ON
    • Com racers: OFF
    • Damage: ON
    • Fuel: ON
    • KERS: OFF
    • Qualifying: ON
    • Tyres: ON

Race control

Stewards: Paul Mellor, Rob Frost and Marek Krzemiński
    Backups: Hans Larsson, Afonso Ribeiro

• Race control look at incidents upon an investigation request from a driver.
    • Every driver is allowed 3 investigation requests per season (you do not lose a request if you win the investigation).
    • Investigation requests must be submitted within one hour after the final championship race of the day.
    • Investigation requests submitted after this time will not be delt with.
    • Penalties will be fully decided by the stewards. A list of offences/penalties will be kept here for consistency and future reference.
    • It is your responsibility to press F1 to save your replay, no replay could count against you in an investigation depending on the discretion of the stewards.
    • Should one or more stewards be involved in an incident, they will not have a say in the final decision of the incident - this is when the backup stewards come into play.
    • Replays should be submitted here.
    • Please rename your replay file to SurnameRace.rep (e.g. FrostSpain.rep).

Investigation requests:

Alex Reeves: 1
      Marek Krzemiński: 2
      Peter Santamaria-Woods: 1
      Srđan Kos: 1
      Afonso Ribeiro: 0

All other drivers have 3.

Penalties applied:

Turkey: Srđan Kos (intentional infringement of the NSGPOC rules - clearly weaving in front of and blocking Przemek Kolowski. No replay). 7 seconds added to his race time at the next NSGPOC race.
      Germany: Marek Krzemiński (swerved erratically across the track and blocked Ribeiro). 3 seconds added to his race time at the next NSGPOC race in which he participates.
      Germany: Peter Santamaria-Woods (collided with the rear of Ceraj's car after slip-streaming and then swerved in front of Ceraj, blocking him). Receives a warning that his driving must improve. Further incidents of this nature will be penalised.
      Brazil: Marek Krzemiński (totally unwarranted, reckless and dangerous swerve straight off the start line which could have caused multiple collisions). 7 seconds added to his race time at the next NSGPOC race.
      Abu Dhabi: Peter Santamaria-Woods (cut the corner recklessly, forcing Reeves into the wall). 5 seconds added to his race time at the next NSGPOC race.

Other information
    • All online cars are supposed to be equally good, regardless of the team (but there is some debate on this), nevertheless, it's marginal difference if anything.
    • There are 20 races, but only the best 15 results are counted towards the championship.
    • The points received in each race are as follows: 25, 18, 15, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, 1.
    • Tie breakers: higher number of points (best 15) / higher number of 1st, 2nd, ... places / higher place in most recent race.
    • You must enter the official server with your username as your surname (last name).
    • The qualifying lap starts the moment you cross the start/finish line.
    • Going backwards is forbidden at any time during qualifying or the race.
    • We are not using any mods in our races, just the clean v1.34 install. The DEMO also works for online play.
    • Once you have raced for one team, you can not race for another team until the end of the season.
    • If you are absent for 6 races, your seat may be taken by a new driver.
    • One hour before the race you are not permitted to do a race online unless the server is set for 3-laps. The host of the 3-lap server decides on whether qualifying or a race will be practiced.
    • If during qualifying or the race the server disconnects, or if 50% or more of the drivers participating disconnect then both qualifying and the race will be restarted. This process will be done twice in total. After two failed attempts the race will be postponed and moved to the end of the calendar.
    • During a restart the host will wait one minute after the last disconnection before going to the track (to give everyone a chance to come back).
    • You must use both types of tyre during the race, if there is no rain.
    • Blue flags are in operation so if you are about to be lapped, move over and let the drivers ahead of you (in terms of position) through.
    Last edited by Alfonso; 02-07-2012 at 11:35 AM.

Guys, I just fixed the voting points, which seemed to be taking Peter ages. Just don't vote there, it's a snapshot made by me to see what are the probable voting results.

And it looks grim. It is sad to see how a logical and democratic voting brought totally irrational results.

First of all, it looks like we are going to race with collissions OFF. Bravo to you , it's a step forward to killing this competition.

Then, however, you are against enforcing both tyre types. Me and Afonso (and Simon in the first place) worked hard to introduce both tyre types, but I think it's obvious that one tyre type will clearly be better than other. Without collissions and without enforcing both tyre types, we are killing one tyre type and we are killing strategic thinking. Bravo to you again!

But wait, that's not over! Somehow after voting NO to damage you decided you want blue flags and race control. Tell me, what are these poor stewards gonna do with collissions off, jerk off while watching Afonso beat lap records? After all this hype about replays and race control, your votes render it obsolete.
    NSGP Online Championship

Thank you very much for your kind words sir, here is how I see it:
    - collisions OFF work very well in many games (trackmania had a huge following if u remember) so they cannot kill the competition, just make it more friendly.
    The beauty of the whole thing is NSGP seasons are very short and we never had a no collisions one. So it's about time we try it and if we don't like it we go back. I'm certainly not going to claim that a no collisions race winners are dirty cheaters and do not deserve it?

- blue flags and race control are obviously addons to the collisions rule and will be obsolete if it does not pass

- both tyre types I'd like but it would be hard to check every driver in a replay but if we could do it somehow I'd be up for it, can't speak for others, but I feel this is your only valid point for me

Quote Originally Posted by Sida79 View Post
    blue flags and race control are obviously addons to the collisions rule and will be obsolete if it does not pass
    Dear lord, everything is obvious for you. If it's like you think, it's obvious! If it's not, it retarded!

To me the fact that most people voted both COLS NO and RC YES means that they would accept collissions but with the RC assistance. This means we constructed the voting poorly, having omitted this important relation (but it obviously obvious for you!).

What's the point in having blue flags? How will you punish a driver who is racing on 12th position? Ban him from racing? I don't think so.

My appeal to everybody is to examine the voting sheet, look for possible outcomes and modify your votes for the most sensible solution. E.g. it looks like race control will be there, maybe it's safe to vote for collisions now?
    NSGP Online Championship

Voting sheet is now working again, the problem was unbelievably a space before the word "NO" - it's always the simplest of things!

Anyhow, continue to vote as normal

To tell you the truth I'm agreeing with Kolowski on this one. What's the point of racing if you don't have to worry about anyone else. We mind as well just run a 20 lap race on our own and post how long it took you and there you'll have your winner. Racing is all about overtaking and with no collissions that's basically thrown out the window. And why have race control if the point of them was to make sure of clean racing. I guess I didn't have to reiterate that point but..... yeah.

I would've liked the two tire rule. Since that's not in we're all probably going to run soft all the time and run our fuel based on how long the tires last for every race. So basically we're running races that don't have overtaking or much of strategy. I know that tire strategy wasn't around before but now that we have it why don't we try out the rule. We can worry about how to inforce it later.

Anyway I just wanted to say my piece. I know I'm still pretty new but I'm kinda worried about the way season 8 is going to be...
    Lotus Driver #2
    First ever American driver to race in NSGPOC!

Quote Originally Posted by Spades View Post
    Anyway I just wanted to say my piece. I know I'm still pretty new but I'm kinda worried about the way season 8 is going to be...
    And thats nice to hear that you´re concerned about it. It means you´re planing to stay!
    And newcomers have the same voice has the old, fat, bold veteran guys like Kos for example!

And yeah, i agree, its stupid no collisions and race control and blue flags,..... I also like collisions and they make part of it even though i would like one day to run a season with no collisions so Kos couldnd have any more excuses about not winning and about always being damaged by other ghost cars, and.......bla,bla,bla............you know, the cry baby thing!

...just to tease a bit!

Press: "The dance and thrill of the composition of next season´s NSGPOC teams has started. It looks Lotus its having difficulty in keeping the actual three world champion for season 8. Apparently Ribeiro didnt enjoyed that Lotus didnt found a team mate soon enough in order to be able to fight for the constructors championship. But these are only rumors."

Lotus Team: "We are delighted with the season 7 we had. We never expected so much success like the one we had. In our history, in the begging of season 7 we had only conquered 1 victory in GP´s and we reached the end of the season with 10 wins, 5 of them in a row! We would be more then happy to continue the contract with Ribeiro but if not, we wish him all the luck and success in his future. Thanks for everything"

Ribeiro: "No comments on that. I just want to go on vacations and after it i will put some though on it!"

Last edited by Alfonso; 11-28-2011 at 11:10 PM.

Hiatus mode activated!!!

I don't think that no collisions kills the enjoyment of racing - it does however turn the race into a time-trial competition rather than a damage/overtaking/lag killed me game. Having played Trackmania for many years, I can assure you that ghost-based racing is just as fun and challenging, but in a different way. The challenge becomes much more of running the perfect technical race, rather than biff and barge, and it can and does get very tense when you can see that there are a number of ghosts running at the same pace and speed as you with potentially milliseconds between you and them.

As the guy who suffered most from lag and collision damage issues in the past, I think there's a lot to be said for a no-collisions championship. Especially if the online model isn't going to improve latency problems any time soon. It would be a more technical racing championship than the current one, and would also compensate for some of the curious advantages that hosting, for example, can add. There would also be much less complaining about banzai driving techniques and lag-based collisions ruining races. Agreed that race control is pointless with this, but the only reason for Race Control is because of the deficiencies of the online code and alleged banzai tactics, both of which go away with this.

And if the current 10am time for both races gets up, I might be able to compete again!

Quote Originally Posted by Spades View Post
    To tell you the truth I'm agreeing with Kolowski on this one. What's the point of racing if you don't have to worry about anyone else. We mind as well just run a 20 lap race on our own and post how long it took you and there you'll have your winner. Racing is all about overtaking and with no collissions that's basically thrown out the window. And why have race control if the point of them was to make sure of clean racing. I guess I didn't have to reiterate that point but..... yeah.

I would've liked the two tire rule. Since that's not in we're all probably going to run soft all the time and run our fuel based on how long the tires last for every race. So basically we're running races that don't have overtaking or much of strategy. I know that tire strategy wasn't around before but now that we have it why don't we try out the rule. We can worry about how to inforce it later.

Wait, so yelling and insulting does work? Let me try it!!

WHAT THE TINKY WINKY is wrong with you people!!? OF COURSE we would not going have blue flags and RC with no collisions. That is not some huge oversight that means we were morons and now we'll see the light and vote collisions. The only oversight was putting the RC rule in the first part of voting as its place is obviously to be decided AFTER we decide on collisions or no.

Also, Gatewood, you have strayed from the point a bit. Racing IS about overtaking but collisions in THIS game ARE NOT. Although theoretically collisions let you IMAGINE great overtaking in reality its lag that makes:
    - very different positions of drivers on each screen makes overtaking illogical at best and fatal for one of the drivers big part of the time
    (don't get me started on some drivers only hitting you by accident and others only hittng you)
    - impossible fights in which one driver gets all or big majority of damage
    So you come at the scene of the fight with hope but end up with relief and some frustration or all frustration.

"Ironically" - no collisions are about overtaking as you can overtake someone and be overtaken back X times within one lap only! You can also have fights with many drivers over the course of the race, making mistakes, see them make mistakes, be on the edge the whole race and not just 2 seconds it takes for one of you to fly off track You could see the real speed of some drivers (e.g. I sometimes have to fight Bubich to hell and back without collisions in CROGP but with collisions he'll be 18 places behind me ) and strenghten the community by doing something you all enjoy (racing and fighting) without the negative things. Imagine Kolowski of all people freaking out on no collisions - that should be enough of a hint, shouldn't it!? Have someone beat the DIPSY out of you and then shake his virtual hand and congratulate him INSTEAD of throwing the keyboard/gamepad out the window cursing. Overtake someone on the last turn of the last lap because YOU CAN.

Also, how can you worry about how season 8 is going to be? It's going to be THE SAME. It always is! It'll be 20 laps, with collisions, no kers, but with tyres and fuel

You ever wondered why trackmania had a dozen million users and NSGP a dozen? It's because it is ENJOYABLE as opposed to FRUSTRATING
    If the makers of that game sat down and asked the community: hey you guys want collisions?
    The answer would be HELL YES YOU LAA-LAA !!!! They didn't ask because they wanted more than a dozen users (likes of Reeves as well), NOT because they don't feel collisions are cool, which I'm sure they do.

We've gone to no collisions in CRONSGP and we have MORE PEOPLE now. Nobody freakin' quit because of it either. Doesn't that tell you something? I'm sure many would conclude something other than the racist remark of rude croats being a "special case"

Well, after a billion seasons of the same PO (ok, just a few but it feels like so much) I'm for the first time pondering retirement. I hope something will change but it never does and I can give each and every one of you a list of every driver characteristic in terms of speed, consistency, strategy, etc that only ever minimally changes through racing luck or lack thereof.

So my proposition to all of you is this:
    Vote no collisions for O_N_E S_E_A_S_O_N and THEN come back and yell, scream, insult, fight, troll, kick me out of the competition whatever.
    SOMEHOW I know no one can actually be in that state of mind with no col.

Because this is getting silly. 7 seasons?
    Imagine your local ice cream shop had 2 flavors only and you went there for 7 straight years and only ever tried one because "it looks better". Sure, it looks better... but what if it tastes good but the other tastes like the best thing in the universe and beyond and you never knew it? Who knew, right!? It looks so unattractive!

*screaming, yelling, jumping up and down, beating hairy chest with bare fist, throwing sticks and bones*

LOLOLOLOLOL Kos, only cause all this speech you convinced me!
    Im going to no Collisions even though i love them as they make part of reality. Im willing to try that other sort of ice cream....i didnt knew there was another one and im quite tired of the current one!

Hiatus mode activated!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Reeves View Post
    And if the current 10am time for both races gets up, I might be able to compete again!
    I\'m still hesitant if I should vote YES for 2x 10 AM. The evening race makes me always wait the whole day for it, and disorganizes my saturday. I don\'t want to harm Costa or Gatewood, who are against this. However, I would like to see the old Ferrari guy back on track .

News from Team McLaren: Kolowski prolonged his contract with team McLaren for Season 8. Klemen Ferenc declared he cannot guarantee higher attendance rate and he thus decided to seek for a new team.
    NSGP Online Championship

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso View Post
    LOLOLOLOLOL Kos, only cause all this speech you convinced me!
    Im going to no Collisions even though i love them as they make part of reality. Im willing to try that other sort of ice cream....i didnt knew there was another one and im quite tired of the current one!
    LOL, Kos is such a drama queen, and you're falling for it Afonso. From what I understand, you're choosing the worse option cause you want Kos to stop crying about how he can't show how good he is by constantly being pushed. This is harrassment. What about the update? What about the hard work of Simon, you and me? The replays, two tyre types, new car physics, all that goes to hell cause you want to make princess Sida happy?
    NSGP Online Championship

I was joking with the drama part

The point is countless experiences go towards no collisions as a better option and we're not willing to even try it? I'd understand if we tried it, did not like it and switched back immediately, not like one season lasts a year. I mean, I have my favorite band too but if I only listened to it and never changed the record my head would explode!

C'mon, you're even lacking arguments in these manipulative posts. Who exactly would I have to show "how good I am" ? I would not bet on beating Afonso and I'm already ahead of the 3rd placed driver so I can only go "down" if Peter, or someone else, starts practicing. But I can also go down with a smile and a keyboard that has all its keys in it!

New car physics will be tough! and perfect to try without collisions as we'll be plenty fighting with the car alone!
    Two tyre types will also be great, if we chose to "enforce" them.
    Replays will still be replays except for the charm of race control, but there's always next season? I do believe replays would show a lot of accidental take-downs anyway as those who would do it on purpose would now back down under RC.

In fact, CROGP has found a perfect formula in the form of two races in a row where one is with and the other without collisions , but that's a whole different story
    If you're not using the physics to inflict harm on other players you're hardly touching them anyway (like me) so why would you be upset at the lack of occasional annoying lag-thump, unless... ?

LOL I see Kos changed his vote for president. Oh, I remember how he used to insult Peter's logic and now he's kissing Peter's butt, so that Peter votes no collissions. No integrity, no respect just a jobless man living with his dad and playing video games all day.
    NSGP Online Championship

Quote Originally Posted by Sida79 View Post
    C'mon, you're even lacking arguments in these manipulative posts.
    For the love of sweet baby jesus Kos!! If Przemo's post is manipulative then what does it make yours ? I think that we all have given sufficient number of arguments for COLL and DAMAGE ON.... arguments based on reasoning.... unlike you my dear friend. You just cry and shout and stomp around to get what you want. There is no reason in you posts whatsoever. You, Sir, are simply unbelievable. And a bloody bigot too.

Quote Originally Posted by przemator View Post
    LOL I see Kos changed his vote for president. Oh, I remember how he used to insult Peter's logic and now he's kissing Peter's butt, so that Peter votes no collissions. No integrity, no respect just a jobless man living with his dad and playing video games all day.
    Yeah and sucking up to Pete is FUBAR. You're such a child Kos...

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."