Thread: Pascal Imero career story

Default Pascal Imero career story

In an attempt to bring this subforum to life, I will post a little summary of my first NSS5 career so far. I'm completely new to New Star Soccer, which means I haven't played any of the previous installments.

I grew up playing Kick Off, Player Manager and Sensible Soccer in the early '90s. Kick Off had fast and addictive gameplay that was never seen before in a computer footy game. It introduced the aftertouch system, where you could bend the ball immediately after shooting.

Player Manager had the play-in-position experience where you could take on the role of 1 player on the pitch. Just as in NSS, you had to start as a youth player and work your way through the years, trying to win the English leagues and cups.

Sensible World of Soccer had a real names database with all the teams and players of the world! Even the players in the lower divisions of small countries were accurate.
    I have since then always been on the lookout for new age footy games that combined elements of my old favorites, especially play-in-position, aftertouch and massive career mode with lots of leagues and cups.

NSS5 comes very close to reviving the spirit of those classic trendsetters. It's strength lies in the simple but addictive gameplay on the pitch, the attention for detail and the wealth of options in the career mode.

My player name is Pascal Imero and I started as a right midfielder for FC Eindhoven in the second division of The Netherlands. Eindhoven is my city of birth and I regularly attend the home games of PSV.
    In my first season I became champion, but I played almost all games on Easy difficulty setting. In my second season I started at difficulty level Normal and was struggling to get good match ratings. Also I got injured and recieved a red card when I was trying to make a header after a goalkick. My player viciously tackled his opponent instead.
    I did get a girlfriend and was able to secure some more sponsor contracts.
    Now I am focusing on improving my skills and have now switched back to difficulty level Easy. This way I can get my match ratings up again an enjoy the game more.

Soon I will return to Normal (promised ) difficulty level.
    I'm still on a free account, but I will by a Premium account after my birthday in October. When my second season at FC Eindhoven is finished I will post here again.
    I have put myself on the transferlist because I aim for a contract at PSV.

My Web Profile

Waiting you do your replay in whos is online i sad you are replying.

Default Season 2

I tried out the Normal difficulty level a few times during the first half of the season in the highest Dutch division. My match ratings were poor, I didn't score anymore and I was just chasing the ball all the time.
    After being in the middle of the league table with FC Eindhoven, I changed back to Easy and started to climb to the top. PSV had a large gap with the rest, but I managed to approach them with 10 points difference.

With just a few matches left in the league I was chanceless for the title, but I wanted to secure a high place so I could play European matches next season. Unfortunately I played 1-1 against AZ and recieved a red card for an unlucky incident. I wanted to slide to a loose ball, but then I got stomach cramps and came to a halt just when I pressed the tackle button. The result was that I almost splitted my opponent in half.
    I was banned for the last league match (2-4 loss against Vitesse) and against Ajax in the Dutch cup final (0-0, lost after penalties).

I was disappointed about ending the season in such a bad way and tried to put it behind me and focus on the next season. But then I realized there was still something to play for this season: the European Championship for national teams. I was really on a roll and scored a lot of goals as a right midfielder! My match ratings were very high and the fans lived me

In the quarter final I recieved a yellow card and after the match there was a message about a ban. I decided to use my energy that week for training, shopping and relations because I didn't have to play a match. I drained myself to 19% and then I found out that I had misread the message and it was just a warning for a ban after onde more yellow card
    I still managed to get in the first squad with 59% energy in the semi-final against the Czech Republic (rival). I decided to run as little as possible and position into open space. That worked better than I could have hoped for: I scored 4 goals!!! I ran for less than 2000 meters and only had 1 tackle, but ofcourse that didn't matter, I was the Star Man of the game

In the final against Spain I had some revenge for the real-life World Cup final this year (0-1 for Spain after extra time): I blew them away with 5-0 and I again I scored 4 goals, even one with a header

Now I will start the league as one of the big contenders, but I am still trying to get a transfer to PSV Eindhoven. The first thing I do is put the difficulty on Normal (again).

[while typing this message there was a little earthquake where I live, a really weird experience ]

Where you live?

The Netherlands, near the German border.
    The earthquake was rated as 4.6 on the scale of Richter.

I read on globo.com (globo is the biggest tv of Brazil) in a article of 12 hours ago about that but was a 4.2 on scale.

Edit: btw yhos Ritcher?

Yes, first messages here were 4.6, but in America it was measured as 4.2.
    Here you can read about Richter:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Richter

Default Season 3 (first half)

At the beginning of season 3 I was still playing for FC Eindhoven. Because we finished 3rd last season, we played in the Europa Leauge.
    First opponent in the EL was Slovan Liberec. I started the season playing on Normal difficulty and lost 1-3 in the first leg. I decided to switch to Easy difficulty for the second leg and won 4-0 with a hattrick coming from my right foot

Second opponent was Toulouse. I lost 1-5 in the first leg, playing on Normal level. Again I switched to Easy and was hoping for a 4-0 to advance to the next round. But Toulouse played a miraculously good match and scored from almost every chance they got with long range shots. I lost the match with 1-4 and had to admit it was well deserved!
    In the league I was also having difficulties and ranked somewhere in the middle. I decided to stay on Easy level and try to work my way to the top, like last season. This time I was very dominant in the games, scoring a lot of goals and getting results with 4 to 7 goals difference. Soon I was in second place behind leaders PSV.

When the transfer window opened, one of the interested clubs was PSV! Without a doubt I went into the negotiations and managed to get a 40% increase on the offer and signed with the club I support in real life. (tomorrow I am going to visit the home game against Ajax in Eindhoven)

My debut for PSV was disastrous. After about 30 minutes I had made 9 passes, 2 tackles and a shot on goal. But then I got injured and recieved a 5.5 match rating

[to be continued...]

Default Season 3 (second half)

After my earlier mentioned rough start, I managed to perform quite well at my dream club
    After a few games I permanently switched to Normal difficulty and I was still scoring many goals and get good ratings (including Star Man performances). I managed to claim the league title with 2 games to go, against archrival Ajax (who were in second place with 4 points behind).
    In the semi-final of the Dutch Cup I was eliminated by a very strong AZ. I lost 3-2 but scored both goals.
    With Holland I won every match and scored one goal per game on average. Not bad for a right midfielder on Normal difficulty, I think.
    My value was raised to 7M Euros and I bought a stable. No time for racing horses yet, but I want to buy some horses next season.

Default Season 4

I started out really well in my 4th season, both in the league and the Champions League. Playing on normal difficulty level is going very well and my ratings are between 7 to 10. I did have a bit of a bad streak with a suspension and subsequent losses in the league and CL, followed by a lot of draws which also cost a lot of points.
    After being harshly eliminated in the CL by Juventus, I had some very good wins in the league and managed to gain some points on the top teams in the league. In the cup I lost after penalties to FC Utrecht in the semi-finals. I did score my own penalty, but my teammates were not as acurate
    4 games from the end, I was 2 points behind leader AZ. I had 3 wins in a row and they lost some points, leaving me with 2 points ahead before the last match and a much better goal difference. I was lucky to get away with a 0-0 draw and secure the championship

During the season I bought 2 horses, but they have only won 1 race so far and got sick several times.
    The value of my player raised to 10M Euros and I am somewhere near place 600 on the online leaderboard.

My national team The Netherlands qualified for the World Cup and in the first stage there were a few spectacular matches: 4-3 against Tunisia and 3-3 against Honduras. I scored about half of all the goals for my team, whilst still playing as a right midfielder.
    In the second stage I made both goals against Croatia (2-1) and in the Quarter finals I scored the opening goal against France. The game ended in 1-1 and a penalty shootout. I hit the post with my penalty but my teammates were cool this time and secured a semi-final ticket! Unfortunately I was banned for recieving yet another yellow card. The pace in the international games tends to be a bit higher and I sometimes mistime my tackles, which often results in bonecrushing actions...
    My team was able to set aside the Italians with 2-1 and I could finally play my first World Cup final!
    The game was very tense with a lot of midfield action and not a lot of action in the penaltyboxes.
    But then I ran into space and called for a driven pass in the 43rd minute. It landed perfectly in front of me and I was heading full steam towards the goal. I crossed inside the box and curled a low powerful shot in the nearest corner!
    The rest of the match I helped defending and there was one frightening moment where a player of Cote d'Ivoire hit the post.
    Then the final whistle came and I was the proud owner of a Jules Rimet trophy

At the end of the season I was awarded as Youth Player of the Year and League Player of the Year.
    Last edited by Pascalimero; 11-01-2011 at 09:30 PM. Reason: added Player of the Year awards

Default Season 5

In my second full season for PSV I had no problems in the league. I only lost one game and finished 19 points ahead of runner-up Feyenoord. In the Dutch cup they were my nemesis in round 3 (1-1 after penalties, where I missed one). In the Champions League PSV was superior in the group phase and in the quarter final there was a nice 4-0 victory over Atletico Madrid. Just before the semifinal against Villareal I got injured, but I decided to buy painkillers, so I could play. A 4-1 victory was the result, but again I sustained an injury and this time a severe one (6 matches). So I skipped the last league matches and also the away match in the CL. After 90 minutes it was 4-1 for Villareal, so extra time was needed to bring a decision. My team mates scored 2 goals, so I was happy to be able to play in the final.
    The final was against Sevilla (yes, a lot of Spanish opponents) and was a disappointment for me. After coming such a long way, I lost by 2-0 and was struggling to play a part in the match. I must admit it was a well deserved win for Sevilla.

Because I did the Dutch translations, I was awarded with a Premium account, so I can play more matches on one day. My player is now worth around 14M euros somewhere near place 450 on the online leaderboard.

At the end of the season I received the awards for League Player and Talent of the Year.