Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NSGP dead?/Racing Game Discussion

Default NSGP dead?/Racing Game Discussion

How on earth can I compete with this...
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011...erent-f1-game/

You have no idea how many hearts you have just broken with that statement dude

On a serious note though I think the keyword is innovation, find something that codies woudn't even think to do

I'll get the ball rolling: Safety Car
    Moderating in moderation.

Seeing your game development team is rather small Si if somebody had to do such a game you can be very much glad it's Codemasters. I can only think of so many ways they can go wrong with this one... it would be too optimistic to expect anything more than the half-finished non-optimized frustration-filled mess their "big" games are nowadays.

Btw have you ever played this little gem? I find it addictive
    http://www.demu.org/pages/view.php?ref=53

Quote Originally Posted by siread View Post
    I don't get this statement at all?

Of course i'll play there but i'll still want to play NSGP too, it's a different retro style. There are lots of free to play football games out there but you still make New Star Soccer ;-)

Also its looks like its only an online game, some people do still play the single player mode so NSGP has staying power. Not everyone is weird like like Peter and plays NSGP online 24/7
    Moderating in moderation.

Quote Originally Posted by King Rob View Post
    Not everyone is weird like like Peter and plays NSGP online 24/7
    Not 24/7 ... i take breaks to make these posts!

Don't worry Si! It's CodeMaster we are talking about, they don't make a racing games, just fancy look-like racing games F1 2010, DiRT ****, etc. are no racing games, just modern console craps.. So, you just stick to ours NSGP and don't worry

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrex View Post
    Don't worry Si! It's CodeMaster we are talking about, they don't make a racing games, just fancy look-like racing games F1 2010, DiRT ****, etc. are no racing games, just modern console craps.. So, you just stick to ours NSGP and don't worry
    F1 2010 is awesome, what are you talking about?!

This news is nothing for me. Only NSGP I hope that NGSP 2 will be the best MRO game. I believe in it.
    ONLY NSGP

That rhetorical question shouldn´t even "deserve" an answer! You more then anyone should believe in your games Si, and the fact that this post after only less then 2 hours after being made has already 10 reply's encouraging to stick to "our" lovely NSGP its well demonstrating of how NSGP stands in our gaming preferences.

Just put your time in developing NSGP2, and as Frost (King Rob) has said and very well, try something innovative, something that other games simply dont have.

Ok, i leave you this thread gathered by Sida79 so you can have an idea (or many) of what can be made to create a nearly perfect NSGP2!!!
    And to complement that i leave you this one where you can make the Pre-production for NSGP2, the final NSGP update!

Cmon Simon...NSGP Rules!!!

PS: Is it me or the Forum is really slow on the past couple of days?

Hiatus mode activated!!!

redmelons is offline Player Of The Year World Player Of The Year

I have a 3D racing game which requires me to plug in steering wheel, pedals etc and tune the suspension, brake balance, wing settings etc - and to be honest it's not worth the hassle and so it's never played. NSGP gives me all the fun with none of the aggravation (well, very little ) and so I play it regularly (at least on Saturdays) and I look forward to each and every improvement to the game.

You should instead be asking whether if you put the same effort into NSGP as has gone into NSS it could have the same popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by redmelons View Post
    You should instead be asking whether if you put the same effort into NSGP as has gone into NSS it could have the same popularity.
    Agreed 110%!!! I just disagree in one thing. It would have more popularity then NSS!!!!!

And BTW...the game mentioned from Codi, if i understood right its only a managing game, theres no driving involved or am i wrong?

Hiatus mode activated!!!

Quote Originally Posted by peter-27 View Post
    F1 2010 is awesome, what are you talking about?!
    I hope that you wrote this with sarcasm! Don't let me get started with F1 2010 please! But yes, it's awsome F1 game, because last F1 game was 10 years ago! They said that F1 2010 is simulation? NSGP is better simulation than F12010! If it was made by Indie team I will agree it's OK, but CodeMasters with millions in their pockets?I don't think so..

I hope that you wrote this with sarcasm! Don't let me get started with F1 2010 please! But yes, it's awsome F1 game, because last F1 game was 10 years ago! They said that F1 2010 is simulation? NSGP is better simulation than F12010! If it was made by Indie team I will agree it's OK, but CodeMasters with millions in their pockets?I don't think so..
    Pardon my french but I pee in the face of F12010, the wind throws some back but I can't stop because it feels so good I actually have the 1992 microprose F1GP which I still edit and fool around with on disk and even 19 years after it is still a better game than F12010. Here's a short VS

F12010: more options, proper licences, better graphics
    NSGP: everything else, including MORE sim-like and LESS annoying bugs

Actually the ASCII game I posted back there has more subtlety and replay value. I think the loading times are about a minute faster as well...

I found after a search on the most famous search engine what NSGP stands for: Nonprofit Security Grant Program

Hiatus mode activated!!!