NSGP Final update possibilities & Bug Fixes
Ok guys, i just wanted to create a thread where we could make a gathering of all the bugs and things to be implemented in the future.
I leave here the ones i remember and then wait for help from you for the rest. I will update this post with all the new relevant suggestions made, so we can have a clear view of what needs/can be implemented!
Things still to solve or implement after 1.34 update was released!
- Com/AI drivers pitting every single lap late in a race with more then 20 laps
- Online, sometimes we cant kick a player and game gets stuck. Solution now is having to restart server with the consequence of loosing all Qualifying positions. For this thats why would be nice to have the freedom of choosing grid order manually!
- ...........at the moment im not remembering more, help needed!
Without any specified order...
- Damage distribution simply doesnt work when many players online. Lag makes it impossible to play with it cause even if cars are not nearby on our screen we get damage that destroy completely our car.
- "SLR Chat system" used in Super Laser Racer. Assuming that was built as a module, it should be easy to extract that code an drop it into NSGP.
- Allow to edit race settings without having to restart the server. Maybe use commands for it like Turbo Sliders! Also ability to choose weather: Sun/Rain or Random
- Spectator mode - Ability to enter a server and watch the race on any drivers perspective. Also option to be able to enter on race while its already happening.
- If disconnection happens, reconnect to the server and restart the race on same point where you´ve been disconnected
- Being able to run alone in a online server. Offline car behavior is very different then Online!!
- Cars reversed on the pit lane in some tracks (Monaco, Turkey, Canada,Europe,Hungary,Singapore,Brazil,Abu Dhabi) to confirm
- Change grid position for some tracks. The side of the car starting in 1st is worst then the one starting in 2nd. (to add the names of the tracks when someone says which ones or when i check them) (Unfair)
- Fuel for Qualifying is fuel for race! Would implement tactics on the game. Pole but going to pit early!
- Better tire/fuel strategy from COM players on offline mode. It turns persons down when they make stupid tactics like pitting on last lap for a new set of tires even if they still have more then enough to cross finishing line! Maybe put first drivers with Soft tires and from the middle down Hard tires.
- Tires selected for Q should be set to SOFT ones (RED) as default one.
- Slipstreaming starting a little bit before then it is at the moment and increasing when distance to front car gets less
- In the end of race showing race time plus who made the fastest lap with the respective time (maybe in red)
- Quali starting with car already moving or 2/3/5 laps for it, or an amount of time. Or better, possibility to choose how many (Would be very nice to have it)
- Possibility to choose grid order, so we can have more freedom in creation different kind of competitions
- After making Quali, final time should show up together with the difference to the first classified.
- Slip times. Difference to all players on track.
- When Lap record is established say the name of the driver who made it
- Cars getting stuck in the outside of the track (when hitting a wall or track barriers) being unable to return unless hitted again by another car (Frustrating)
- Tire marks on the track and smoke. Skidmarks!
- 1 more level of difficulty ( extremely/super/hiper/ultra/hard)
- Blue flags when a faster driver (which is lapping of course) approaches (MRO style) (Would be fantastic)
- Online Race time leader-boards as well as lap leader-boards
- The first car arriving to pit should stay on the spot ahead so he can leave pit without hitting the 2nd driver who in the mean while had arrived to change tires also.
- Online Race time leader-boards as well as lap leader-boards. This would mean...dedicated servers!?
- Larger driver databases. Right now the game only reads up to 24/26 drivers in the DB even if you add the extra ones in. Ability to be able to add drivers from feeder series to the stock DB to make the game more interesting
- Variable pit times (pit crew ***** ups)
- Maybe introduction of manual gears option!! (Would be awesome!)
- Introduction of Pace-car!?
- "Ghost" racing - be able to record ghosts of your laps/race and race against these. Preferably with multiple Ghosts so that races with multiple people can be simulated
- Options to configure the Online Car (e.g. give everyone 9 stars and let them work out the best config)
- Hide ghosts that are too close to your car in no collisions mode
- Adaptive AI. Allow the AI to analyze your racing lines and accelerate/brake points, and map their racing lines and style to yours. This could also replace the somewhat tedious racing line construction used in the editor, just get the designer to drive 20-30 laps around the track and normalize the line from that. The brilliant thing about this idea is that it eliminates the need for skill levels - the game will adapt to your driving skill and adjust appropriately. Not only that, I can conceive these "AI" lines being able to be captured and uploaded for others to simulate races against you. This is feasible to program, AND would give amazing replay ability.
- Improved lag compensation (the AI files idea above would help with this...)
- Choose your driver's helmet/car colors
Games to have as reference!
Without any specified order...
Genrally - (for the gameplay and easy track editor, also the tyre marks on the track)
Miniracing-Online - (For the flags system and smoke, race penaltys,...)
Super Cars 2 (amiga) - (For the gameplay and competitiveness, and because its a reference in car games)
Micromachines - (It´s a reference, i had to mention it)
*GP manager 2 - (for all the managing and development stuff, something similar would be perfect, making contracts, Getting fired if no good results, sponsors, develop new car for next season, "stealing" technology from other teams,etc...)
Roadclub (pc) - (For the car graphics maybe)
Mad Cars (pc) - (For graphics and gameplay)
Deliverace (iPhone) (Definitely for the car physics and graphics, tyre marks and smoke, the 3d maybe,...) Would be amazing if possible to have something similar!!!
Turbo Sliders (pc) - (The F1 MOD is fantastic, a lots of ideas could be used from it, gameplay also)
Formula GP - Everything from there except contact between cars. Check this thread: ------------------------> HERE
Things Solved on 1.34 UPDATE Also check official thread -----> HERE
- Sound bug when playing online. (No sound from car driven. Sounds only from starting Lights, radio talk and i think craches and pit) (Most Wanted)
- Selecting these cars will result in racing a different car: Red Bull > Mercedes > Force India > Williams > Red Bull (Annoying)
- Disable KERS on pit
- Autofocus on chat after each sent message
- Media/Tiles/"z_Object_13_Wall_05" corrupted. (Need the working one in 1.25 version) Check original post -------------------> HERE
- Online Servers when created with password...it says which password it is!! (Solution for that until now is to create a big server name so password cant be seen)
- Not being able to enter Online with MODS active! Mods opens a way to cheat
- Fuel percentage bar under it. See example --------------------------> Image (Most Wanted)
- Start with any fuel amount (could be set like now but with the ability to lower). Qualis specially!
- Ability to save online race replays as in offline (MOST WANTED)
- Built in Print screen function (MOST WANTED)
- Include India track in Season
- 1 more choice of tires
- When race is finished all drivers only complete current lap. Lapped drivers will show as lapped and by how many laps!
Ok guys feel free to add more things but please try to suggest reasonable stuff, not completely crazy or almost impossible ones. Also, the ones you think they dont fit say it loud please!
WAITING FOR SUGGESTIONS!!!!!
Last edited by Alfonso; 11-13-2012 at 08:47 AM.
I know that this isn't a wishes concert but i want to write something.
Probably the most important thing is to fuel ratio (that I want most)
I think it's rather a problem because it's not just cosmetic change, I wondered whether it is possible to create a fuel gauge alone.
The ability to save replays online too am in favor of this idea.
Amendments related to the editing points limiting circuit of walls and barriers.
Cars reversed on the pit lane in : Monaco, Turkey, Canada,Europe,Hungary,Singapore,Brazil,Abu Dhabi.
Extending qual online at least one lap or more.
Remove index (only index) changes in the weather.
I know it fairly controversial idea.
Hmm.. This should be a long, long list
guys, some of your ideas are too much for a simple bugfix release. if we really want simon to look into it, we should keep the list as short and simple as possible.
Hiatus mode activated!!!
KERS in pit should go in bugfixes.
Also the sound bug in online. It seems to come about when the game tries to open too many sound channels at once at the start of a race? Only include this if it's an easily identifiiable edit or fix.
I wouldn't include pit changes or grid changes or the getting stuck issue as must fixes.
I think (hope?) a relatively easy fix would be to allow SLR's online chat system to be used rather than the clunky one in NSGP.
Slipstreaming and difficulty mods can already be done through engine.ini modifications.
The "SLR Chat system" is the chat engine Si uses in Super Laser Racer. Assuming that was built as a module, it should be easy to extract that code an drop it into NSGP.
Originally Posted by Alfonso
The pit and grid thing would most likely mean redesigning the pit and grid track objects. I don't know how trivial this is, but don't think it's that easy.
Hiatus mode activated!!!
I'm interested, just can't think of anything more to what's already been said :p
Originally Posted by Alfonso
and perhaps so to enter the mode hotlap ?
Any suggestions? From anybody? Well, here goes nothing... XD
My suggestions would be related to mod/edit. Having an overpass option on track creator, if possible. Also, more "freedom" for mods, as I've seen some modders ask if it were possible to make more than twelve teams, as well as having as many pilots as wanted per team.
Not sure if anyone suggested it but how about the ability to race against a ghost car of your own best lap?
I've suggested this a bunch of times, along with being able to save and upload/download ghost laps. I'd prefer for this to be a NSGP2 thing though, any work on NSGP at this stage should really just be bugfixes. Gradients in the track editor is also a request that has come up numerous times, but again, should be an NSGP2 thing.
Originally Posted by peter-27
One for the list,
Ability to have larger driver databases. Right now to my knowledge the game only reads up to 24/26 drivers in the DB even if you add the extra ones in, I want to be able to add drivers from feeder series to the stock DB to make the game more interesting
Tags for this Thread