Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula GP

Default Formula GP

Anyone seen this?

Finally NSGP 2
    Is this mean that you will consider update NSGP or start NSGP2?

Looks interesting may have to dust off the xbox and give it a try, to be honest looks like a more polished MRO to me.

Actually watching it again, I'm certain that its completely based on MRO
    Moderating in moderation.

Yes, he has used the MRO tracks (apparently with permission) and by the looks of it NSGPs cars.

I've noticed the same. Apparently without permission

Quote Originally Posted by Sida79 View Post
    I've noticed the same. Apparently without permission
    Really? He says he has an agreement with the MRO guys. He also says the cars are from MRO but they look identical to the smooth cars of NSGP v1.2. Now I didn't create the smooth cars so it's not really a problem for me, but I hope he got permission from the artist.

Is this meaning that you will replay them with NSGP2?

redmelons is offline Player Of The Year World Player Of The Year

Looks great for NSGP2! Any chance of collaboration for Mac/Windows/Linux versions? It would be good to know how on-line play is handled - lag, damage etc.

Quote Originally Posted by siread View Post
    Really? He says he has an agreement with the MRO guys. He also says the cars are from MRO but they look identical to the smooth cars of NSGP v1.2. Now I didn't create the smooth cars so it's not really a problem for me, but I hope he got permission from the artist.
    Ah, ok then. The "apparently without permission" was aimed at him using NSGP cars without you knowing it, which I now see is understandable and possible since you did not create those.

Cyrex, Paul... don't be like kids. Do you really want a do-over of MRO to be NSGP2? Are you aiming so low? Don't listen to them Simon. In fact this game would be a step back from NSGP. The tracks look nicer but they are still images made by some GFX designer. No track editor there. And by the looks of it, it's got the much-hated bumpy collissions. I'd much rather like for collission to push a car, not punch it!
    NSGP Online Championship

Don't worry, Formula GP has nothing to do with NSGP and never will have.

redmelons is offline Player Of The Year World Player Of The Year

Quote Originally Posted by przemator View Post
    Cyrex, Paul.Do you really want a do-over of MRO to be NSGP2?
    In the absence of any alternative - yes. If there is a game developer out there who would be able and willing to help faster development of NSGP then why not?

The tracks look nicer but they are still images made by some GFX designer.
    Not just nicer, but more importantly closer to the real tracks.

No track editor there
    Not an issue for me - I'm not a fan of mods and I'd rather the original tracks and gameplay were as polished and realistic as possible.

it's got the much-hated bumpy collissions. I'd much rather like for collission to push a car, not punch it!
    Ah, now that's important. Not having played (no game console) Formula GP I don't really know what 'bumpy collisions' feel like, but are car to car incidents handled any better than by NSGP?

It's very interesting looking at the features they've featured - so many of them are similar to the wishlists we've been putting together here. What this says to me is that there are other people who are interested in this market, and that the window for NSGP has to innovate is fast going to close. It says to me that NSGP2 better be on the Winter 2010/2011 schedule, otherwise someone else is going to take that market away.

Ultimately it's the gameplay that will see this through. Having said that, based on that preview I'd be very interested to see a PC port (don't have a 360). Although if it really is cobbled together elements from other places, I imagine the actual racing gameplay could be a bit nasty. I also noticed they were using real names - that's almost certainly not going to fly when it comes to getting blessed for X360 release.

I've just clarified with Simon about the cars. And it's all ok.

BTW, FGP when will be put on release, and from the next YT video, will have the 2011 liveries (from MRO) as it shuold already have since the first video.

Wow, that game looks good! I might give it a try

When is NSGP2 coming out Simon?