Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula GP

Hybrid View

Default Formula GP

Anyone seen this?

Finally NSGP 2
    Is this mean that you will consider update NSGP or start NSGP2?

Looks interesting may have to dust off the xbox and give it a try, to be honest looks like a more polished MRO to me.

Actually watching it again, I'm certain that its completely based on MRO
    Moderating in moderation.

Yes, he has used the MRO tracks (apparently with permission) and by the looks of it NSGPs cars.

I've noticed the same. Apparently without permission

Quote Originally Posted by Sida79 View Post
    I've noticed the same. Apparently without permission
    Really? He says he has an agreement with the MRO guys. He also says the cars are from MRO but they look identical to the smooth cars of NSGP v1.2. Now I didn't create the smooth cars so it's not really a problem for me, but I hope he got permission from the artist.

Quote Originally Posted by siread View Post
    Anyone seen this?
    Actually guys...i have to be honest! This is exactly the idea i have for NSGP2! Flag system, penaltys, skidmarks on track, circuits more pleasent to see,....
    I wouldnt like to see a complete revolution for NSGP2 only small improvements like the ones desscribed already.
    From this game it only needs to be fixed the contact between cars...looks awfull! But hey, it has an image of the car parts on the down righ side of the screen...this idea looks great!
    I just wanted to make this thread alive again cause they look nice ideas...

EDIT: Now i get it....if you go to the game´s web site and click on partner you will have a surprise from who is it!!

Hiatus mode activated!!!

Afonso, well oriented as ever . It was SIMON himself who publised this video (or a similar one). This game is just MRO in a nicer package, nothing special.
    NSGP Online Championship

Quote Originally Posted by przemator View Post
    Afonso, well oriented as ever . It was SIMON himself who publised this video (or a similar one). This game is just MRO in a nicer package, nothing special.
    Sorry, but you are wrong.
    It's a different game, with the track graphics from MRO.

Quote Originally Posted by przemator View Post
    Sorry, its not! They even have a collaboration of some sort....

I just entered in contact with the support from Formula GP and they said that there´s no plan to release in PC(Xbox360 only), FOR NOW, and that to come out a PC version they would have to speak with the guys of MRO cause it would collide with it. Still i dont know exactly which kind of collaboration they have....
    Strange that they didnt mentioned NSGP, it wouldnt collide with it!? It really looks its not a well known game in the area of independent games...i thought it was.

And you say its nothing special? Has better graphycs then NSGP, has many of the things we are wishing for a long time like: Flags, skidmarks (tire marks, from rain and brakes), slip times,penaltys for cutting turns (I bet you´re not interested on the game cause of that PRZ)....
    Actually im quite curious to have a look on the game but i dont have a Xbox. If i would be Simon i would be much more "afraid" of this game then the one from Codemaster.

And cmon...i know it was Simon who posted that video, where do you think i got it from?
    I only wanted to bring back to life this thread cause i think it deserves some attention on it!
    Last edited by Alfonso; 11-13-2012 at 08:51 AM.

Hiatus mode activated!!!

well it looked like you just found it, you were so excited, also, you presented it as something new. well, im pessimistic about this game. i expect it to be ****. the idea of using MRO tracks is lame, really lame. i dont like mro tracks at all. theyre, i dont know, fake.
    NSGP Online Championship

What prz said... those tracks only look good in videos like these, not in actual game

It's possible because the creator keeps looking at these forums and taking ideas... ^^

Of course, the ideas are not original but it takes a community to think of them all, simply because they wouldn't all occur to one person

Btw... Magic Racing GP 2 ?
    Dude, just call it: Magic Formula!

It's massively more catchy and better sounding. The slightly inappropriate name would make it both a tribute to some classic games and it would stand out from the lot of more generic names such as "new star gp" and "magic racing gp 2" and "super turbo formula gp speed sliders VIII". That and the pun in the name would make it more memorable as well.

You need a name to appeal to a wide audience, not just hc sport enthusiasts, otherwise you could've just copy/pasted some technical data... that you have to be "in" to know what it is

Well the game might have some potential. Having it on xbox might make it have more people. But if it sux like MRO did then I don't see it doing really well. To top the intensity and excitement of NSGP will be really tough.
    Lotus Driver #2
    First ever American driver to race in NSGPOC!