Page 15 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: NSGP Players - Off Topic Chat

Imagine my psyche after a whole month of unsuccessful picking up .

In a way, we are still slaves, only now the master caste doesn't need a leash and physical torture to control us . The only reasonable way out seems to set up a business and hire your own slaves . Or become a top executive, these guys do a shitty job too, but they get paid 10 million dollars a year (btw: WTF, is their "work" so precious?).
    NSGP Online Championship

Quote Originally Posted by Sida79 View Post
    Are you serious? You get depressed by seeing you had fun in your life for several hours? Besides, 9 hours is nothing, it's like a normal day at the job + the time to travel & prepare.

Imagine if I played guitar 176 hours a month? I'd be a mini Satriani in a few years!

Imagine if Prz spent 176 hours a month trying to pick up chicks? He'd be getting some by the end of this year!

Imagine if I practiced NSGP 176 hours a month? I'd be 2nd every single race without a problem!
    No, cmon....what i think about is that i could do with the hours i spend playing, something more creative or more realizing. What gives me 9 or much hours of playing a game besides entertain me for some time, alienating me from the real world?? I admit i have fun with it, otherwise i wouldnt simply play it but what does that give me for my future as person? The fastest NSGPOC driver title? Is that so important?? Would be more cleaver to use those hours in something that opens more doors in your life, that makes you feel more realized. As you said and well, if you played guitar during those hours you would be a quite good player in short time for sure. Or if you´ve done something else.....
    That´s why most of the time we shouldnt complain so much of what we dont have in our lifes cause....most of the things only depend in our efforts to achieve them. We´re just too lazy or undisciplined to make it. Or even worst, too pessimistic!
    Thinking positive is the first thing to do but....im extending myself too much in this Sunday philosophy....

In the end is all about prioritys and how much effort are we willing to put into the stuff we really want to do. I speak against me as well....

For example, its a beautiful day outside and im in front of the machine looking to the virtual world we are in the all time....most of the time even forgetting that there is a real one to touch outside....
    So im going out now and try be a better drummer by switching some hours in front of the screen for some on the drums to get that technique i need/want...

Hiatus mode activated!!!

It's funny that people tend to disregard of spending time with your computer in favor of walking or sports in general. Or books over TV. Or meeting new people over solitude. Also working hard instead of being a lazyass has to lead somewhere. It is cash, power, fame, becoming more attractive to opposite s3x, impressing those who criticize our laziness (proving them wrong).

In the end I believe this whole "developing yourself" thing is just a bunch of bullshiat. Why do you do this? You read wise books to better understand reality, so you can make wiser choices. And what is a wise choice? Is the about the quality of spending your time on earth? And how do you measure this quality? Is it about how you will be remembered after youre dead? Why would you care? Is it about self-realization? Again, when you're dead it makes no difference.

So my goal in life is to experience as few suffering as possible, for which, unfortunately, money is quite useful.
    NSGP Online Championship

The biggest problem of most of the persons in this world is that they always want to show something to the others, image....instead of being authentic with themselves. And this society promotes/sponsers that heavily. Go walk for 10 minutes outside with full awareness and check how much advertisement to be a "better" person exists polluting our streets/air. Buy this shampoo and your life will be better, or this new phone and you will be cool and everyone will want to hang out with you, or this fancy car will make you have many hot (brainless) chicks, bla, bla,bla....

Quality of life is very relative as you can expect...
    I can say that many Indian guys for example, living in a completely poor place, that dont have a TV, electricity or even a phone, or a simple watch/radio have more quality of life then many of us on the "rich" part of the world that argue all the time by insignificant stuff.
    Self realization....yeah i think is very important. Ether being a sailor or a toilet cleaner, what it matters is that you reach inner peace but...im sounding too religious and im not at all.

For what you said in the end prz i could say you´re one of the guys who see the glass half empty instead of half full!
    Why not setting your goal in life to experience as MUCH happiness as possible instead of few suffering??
    Also....by your way of thinking....why the #$#% do you need the money to be happy? When you're dead it makes no difference!!!
    You shouldnt never mix together in a sentence the words happy and money. Simply not true....this society makes you believe in that.

And now you ask. How the #$% is possible to live without money?? And i answer, it all depends of your prioritys!
    If you have the time or patience or the will, just check it out this documentary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrMJwIedrWU
    Well, any of you of course, this post is not directed to anyone in specific. It was just Prz posts who made me write it.

I leave also 2 nice sentences written by a great Portuguese philosopher/thinker/professor/poet/man/person/etc......Agostinho da Silva:

"Man didnt born to work. Man born to create!"
    "We born for free but we spend the all life paying it!!""
    Last edited by Alfonso; 03-25-2012 at 01:11 PM.

Hiatus mode activated!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso View Post
    For what you said in the end prz i could say you´re one of the guys who see the glass half empty instead of half full! Why not setting your goal in life to experience as MUCH happiness as possible instead of few suffering??
    Probably because I get over/forget the good stuff easier than the bad stuff. Like I win a race in NSGP and it feels good for 1 hour but when I fail, I'm upset for the rest of the day.

Also....by your way of thinking....why the #$#% do you need the money to be happy? When you're dead it makes no difference!!!
    Yeah, but when you're alive, it makes quite a difference. I for example don't like to work. If I had enough money to cover my food and accomodation, I would quit my job. But I can't do it, cause I'd starve to death .
    NSGP Online Championship

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso View Post
    No, cmon....what i think about is that i could do with the hours i spend playing, something more creative or more realizing. What gives me 9 or much hours of playing a game besides entertain me for some time, alienating me from the real world?? I admit i have fun with it, otherwise i wouldnt simply play it but what does that give me for my future as person?
    I understood that, it's just that spending a bunch of hours playing a game is still SO MUCH BETTER than spending a bunch of hours making somebody else rich and yourself nervous and limited (by letting professional deformation influence the already narrowed-by-society scope of your thoughts) so if you should be depressed about anything you should be depressed about that!

You wonder what you gain through gaming? Well you gain some small things at least!
    - you're doing a little bit of brain/hand excercise (depending on the game)
    - games make you stay younger, I mean, literally... gamers, old gamers, appear to be much younger then they are as a result of many factors but probably also -
    - relaxation that games bring
    - sense of accomplishment after finishing a task successfuly (no matter what is the importance of task in RL, it gives equal confidence)
    Not to mention the escapism games bring letting you find at least a little piece of the world you consider to be missing RL.
    Seriously, I've made my dad and girlfriend play plants VS zombies, at least. I mean, if you can't enjoy any of the numerous positive aspects of gaming, that should say something...

Now think what you gain by working for someone else? It's horrible! You have to do it often (like Prz has to and many of us) and, honestly, my free time is worth sooooo much more than what any job could pay.
    Seriously, if I had a millionaire salary I'd buy anything I want in a few months time and I'd be like "meh" from that moment on. Surely if I had the chance to look back at the end of my life I would not think "ah, I've spent 20 years of my life and it as all worth it because I have a car, expensive equipment for my hobbies, etc". Yeah, I enjoy doing the "ant" thing a lot Why are we raised in a society where money is worshipped as a value. Money, seriously? Even if it had any merit on that field only a small percentage will ever achieve it, or be born into it more likely. And why not share it? What kind of human being has 13 mansions while others starve to death? Ok, prz maybe, but seriously... lol

We obviously have the same view of things, we just transpose it into different word combinations!

I agree with both of you that working for a boss is horrible, and that freetime for your life is much better. Thats why i still dont have a job! Cause i know that in the moment i get one full time, i get into the system and very hardly i get out of it....
    I prefer not having any job until i really achieve what i want to make....

Hmmm....hard to explain really. There are many persons "around" me who just call me lazy! I just think they are just afraid of coming out of the money system. They go to work full time and then arrive home tired and just want to sit in front of the TV and do nothing....and then next day the same thing all over. There´s no real time to stop and think in what really is important in their own life....theres only the, oh, its weekend, lets go shopping while the week doesnt start again!!!

Hiatus mode activated!!!

OK but you have to eat and pay you bills - you're in the "money system" if you like it or not. Now, you're in Berlin, which is a cheap place to live for Germany, but not that cheap. I don't know how do you manage to not go bankrupt without working.

If I quit my job, moved back to live with parents (no bills to pay), I guess I would spend about 200 euro per month for food and etc. My cash would be gone after 2 years, and what then? Not to mention my parents would soon be sick of me doing nothing .
    NSGP Online Championship

Yeah, those are always the questions raised... The answer is: Theres no answer besides your own one.
    We can always change to system where we used to trade things. Exchange Services for something else like food, a bed,....

But the hard part of all this is to be able to "get rid" of the things we are completely used to it that we dont even think about it. For example, i was in India for 4 months and first times it happened i was shocked and in some way thinking to myself, how the #$% is this possible. They often have power downs in what electricity concerns but only us, westerns are so dependent on it that cant live without it. After some weeks happening this i got used to it and wasnt anymore "mad" or angry or whatever. I was giving a lot of importance when there was electricity!
    Thats what we need to learn, giving value to what we have and not wanting more and more and more.....learning to let go the material world. After this step everything is easier.

But i guess is enough debate on this topic for today!
    Last edited by Alfonso; 03-25-2012 at 08:07 PM.

Hiatus mode activated!!!

Yeah, everyone here works crazy hours to get little bit more money... and I'd do anything to work half hours for just enough money to survive, lol

Yeah, everyone here works crazy hours to get little bit more money... and I'd do anything to work half hours for just enough money to survive, lol
    And all that so you can play 8 hours per day video games right!!!!???
    Dont answer, im just messing around!

Hiatus mode activated!!!

In an effort to provoke some F1 discussion here is the following typically brilliant (probably misspelt) snippet of my post in the OC thread about Group Lotus pulling its title sponsorship deal with Lotus F1 Team (Genii)

Quote Originally Posted by King Rob View Post
    I need a good result on saturday as we have sent Paul off to do meet and greets with potential new sponsors to fill the gap in our sponsor profile on a related but offtopic note to that;

I forecasted Group Lotus only being involved in Renault for a cup of tea in F1 a long time ago. What do we think, Lotus name to disappear again? Lopez says that want to keep it but not owning the road car business surely defeats the object of keeping the brand other than the fact it may garner some nostalgia sponsorship. Thoughts on the back of a stamp addressed envelope or in the off topic thread where I'm going to repost this
    Moderating in moderation.

Guys check this out this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=C3XpVfjfjHE

Looks cool!! I might give it a try!
    Last edited by Alfonso; 04-07-2012 at 03:46 PM.

Hiatus mode activated!!!

That game is as fun to watch as it is lame to play... so... a lot!

That game is as fun to watch as it is lame to play... so... a lot!
    And where the $%& were you today? Precisely between 10 and 11AM (Uk time)!!???

Hiatus mode activated!!!