Thread: Sound disappears

Default Sound disappears

I have noticed that playing in lan the sound is gradually desappearing. In the first race I can hear everything fine, in the second I can't hear my car's engine (I can hear others opponents but with lower volume). In the third race all the engine sounds disappears (mine and other opponents as well), I can only hear sound effects such as collisions.

The same is happening on my brothers pc.

I have never played the game in single player therefore so far I cannot confirm if this issue is present also in career mode.

It this a known bug? Is there a way to fix it?

I have a realtek integrated soundcard and all the drivers are up to date

Many thanks

ps. my nsgp version is 1.16

ive just had 2 20 lap races with my mod, and this hasnt happend sounds like a performance issue.

I confirm that this bug persists only when playing online (lan). After two races all the connected clients are without sound: in the first race everything is working correctly, in the second race all clients can't hear their own cars and in the third race all car sounds are gone (every client can hear the bump sounds correctly).

The only solution seems to be to quit the game and restart it but this is very unpractical since all the points are lost.

All the clients are on Win xp sp3

I don't know if this can be useful but in the players table the ping times seems to be really high (600/1000 ms). This should be impossible since all the players are in a lan within a few meters from each other.

Many thanks

That has been happening to me (online) since... I can remember probably
    Sometimes it disappears progressively, like you've described, sometimes it's just gone right away... others are influenced as well, how many I cannot tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Sida79 View Post
    That has been happening to me (online) since... I can remember probably
    Sometimes it disappears progressively, like you've described, sometimes it's just gone right away... others are influenced as well, how many I cannot tell.
    Yep, been happening to me too. Guess its a bug.

My engine noise is present for single player practice and qualifiying but when I go to race it disappears and don't come back until I restart.

Anybody think it may be to do with EAX or 3D Sound?

P.S. This is my first post... Hi all!

FYI Apparently completely disabling sound hardware acceleration fixed this problem for me

Wow, this thread is old. About the disappearing sound, this issue has been addressed in 1.34 patch. If you are using this version, go to my documents/new star gp and open the file settings.ini (or is it options.ini?). Set the following value: freesound = 1 and save it. This solves the problem for me and some other guys I know.
    NSGP Online Championship

Quote Originally Posted by przemator View Post
    This solves the problem for me and some other guys I know.
    Yeah! Im one of those guys. Had always sound problem and since i add that line works 100% ok!

Hiatus mode activated!!!

I had the sound bug a few times on new version... but only a few times over the long period new version is out, not every now and then like before